Chapter One

Faint laughter echoed throughout the island, bouncing off sheer cliff faces, floating down streams. Occasionally it would be joined by a girlish shriek, or a boys yell. The island was alive with wonder, youth, pure childish innocence.

"Oh Leo, stop being such a stick in the mud."

"Princess your mother said I had to take care of you. Jumping down a waterfall does not count as safe."

"Your Mother Said."

"Mia, she did, and she will cast me out to sea if a hair on your head is harmed. Your mother is scary."

"Scary, to you, you're just a pampered prince."

"What did you just call me?"

"You heard me! You Leo, are a spoiled rotten, pampered, stick in the mud Fairy Princess!"

"Princess Amiria you are going to regret this. Run!"

Tumbling, falling, laughing over the falls the dynamic duo went. Two children from two different worlds united in friendship. Brought together by an island family that held them both dear, thriving in beauty and magic Leo, and Amiria made up the heartbeat of the mystic isle. They were as vital as the creators themselves.

Untamed, uncontrolled, unpredictable Amiria was the stunning princess of the sea she had hair black as the night sky, eyes like sapphires a deep cerulean blue matching her ocean heritage. She was small, and sleek holding the grace of dancer on land, and the speed and agility of a porpoise in the water. Mia was a tease, and a troublemaker, never growing up living in her own personal wonderland.

Leo was the prince of the fey, and everything Mia wasn't. He was tan, and broad, his hair was copper, and danced like flames under the sun. His eyes like emeralds reflected his meadows, and forests. He was stealthy, and strong moving like a leopard through his homeland. He was logical, and determined. Everything he did was done with loyalty, and pride.

Together with Mia they created a balance. A balance in which everything, and everyone around them thrived, two worlds united in perfect harmony.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Frozen, and laughing I swam quickly downstream hoping to hide from Leo. I loved never having to surface, being a to breathe in the frigid water was a huge advantage when I needed to hide. I waited for the water to change, I waited to detect the faint traces of saltwater telling me I was nearing the lagoon before I broke the surface.

Detecting the subtle change, I slowly poked my head above the water looking around to make sure he hadn't followed. He hadn't. Making my way back to shore I slowly crept into the trees and started to back track.

I loved walking through these forests alone, the trees grew up and into the sky, dense green was surrounded by wildflowers year round. You had palm trees mixed with douglas firs, orchards scattered throughout the island, never being told where to grow or having to worry about the sunlight. An ecosystem created, and supported by magic.

Coming out of an apple orchard with my new ammunition in hand, I spotted my target searching along the water's edge. He should know by now that he wouldn't find me there, I have pulled this trick on him countless times. I quickly made my way up a twisted willow, on the other side of the stream. Taking aim I tossed the first apple at his feet.

"Mia? was that you?"

Haha did he need to ask. Carefully moving to the branch of a nearby fir I took aim again, this time at the water in front of him.

"Mia, just come out."

No way i am coming out this was just way to much fun. With only two more apples left I had to make these count. Taking aim first at his head, I connected just as I leaped into the spring. Swimming slowly not to make a ripple I poised myself just below the surface at his feet. Apple in hand I shot up, throwing my last weapon right as his chest.

"Mia, do we have to go through this each and every day. You are quick I get it."

"Oh Leo, did I hurt you feelings. I am sorry."

"I don't believe you."

"Ouch that hurts my feelings."

"Do you have feelings ice princess."

"I am the princess of the sea, not the ice."

"Your just Mia to me."

Lush green forest 

Steep, sheer cliff sides 

Crystal Falls 

Ice Cold Streams 

My Island Home

Fey 

Centaurs 

Sirens 

An occasional Troll 

My Island Family

Monkey Calls 

Owl Cries 

Croaking Frogs 

My Island Lullaby

Hope of Love 

Wishes of Wings 

Songs of Beauty 

My Island Dreams

Cold 

Deep 

All Alone 

My Oceans Duty

Responsibility 

Royal Title 

Forced Love 

My Ocean Fate

Hope of Change 

Wishes for Freedom 

Tears of Sadness 

My Island Prayers