Chapter Ten

Awe, I stood watching in total awe. Before my eyes, I watched as the humble sea turtle transformed; in a swirl of light, and water. In its place was a regal mere woman. She had one eye black as night, and the other was a shinning gold, just like the rays of sun as they would dance of the streams back home. The gentle grey curls of her hair cascaded down along her tail like a mini waterfall drawing your attention to what I would consider her most striking feature, her tail. I couldn’t determine what her tail was along her waist it was hard, and shell like reminding me of the turtle for she first appeared as, slowly the sell gave way to sleek grey skin identical to what coats Sanshea’s body, finally it ended in a swirl of fins and spikes like a lionfish. She was a woman who demanded your attention in just her appearance alone.

“Welcome, welcome. I have been expecting you Amiria. I have to say Nathaniel, Sanshea, and Annabelle, you three are quite the surprise. I did not foresee you accompanying the young princess.”

“Wise one you did not see me coming? That surprises me, are your visions getting rusty?”

“No, no, no my visions are not rusty old friend. You just are not essential for this young ones journey, your just baggage.”

“Baggage, my, oh my you would call me baggage. I will remember that remark the next time you need saving.”

“Saving I have not needed saving in years, and you know that. I was young and inexperienced. I am old and wise now I would never fall into a trap like that now.”

“Yes, yes I am sure old, and wise you are, just not in regard for your own well being.”

“That is probably true, I am not careful with my personal safety. I heard through the grapevine that you are an ancient now, how old does that make you?”

“I have had the honor of calling Atlantis my home for two centuries. It has made even the sea turtles wary of me to have a dolphin reach ancient status.”

“I am sure, and one of your status, and reputation that is almost un heard of, you would have normally died in battle by this time. What of our dear friend Rictor, how is he faring?”

Two Hundred! Sanshea is two hundred, I can’t believe it, it is a wonder she only made me slightly uncomfortable. I can’t begin to imagine all that she has seen, and accomplished in her life. Uncle Rictor too, I heard he is the oldest living dolphin, I will have to ask him how old he is once we return to the city.

Sanshea is not so intimidating when she is here with the spirit guide, in fact watching them talk she looks almost friendly. I wonder though if it would be rude to interrupt, after all I think this whole journey was supposed to be about me. They can catch up later; I really want to know why I am having all these things happen to me.

“Excuse me, as much as I hate to interrupt this happy reunion I was under the impression that we were all here about me. I mean after all I am the one that keeps freaking out with all these new powers, not to mention the weird things my eyes keep doing. So can you guys wrap it up, and get back to me here.”

“Mia!”

“No, no Nate she is right, us old ones were in the wrong. We were too caught up with each other to remember what has all brought us here today, which would be this young princess. Now dear what is it that you needed my assistance for?”

Unsure what to answer I looked to Nate. How was I going to explain something that I did not even realize I was doing, Nate was quick though and started to explain before I could ask.

“Wise one Mia almost destroyed her parents out of anger. Quite honestly, she was terrifying. I think it is her hybrid nature showing itself, but thought that maybe a spirit journey could help her out.”