TATTOO

"Hey minty, how was school today?"

Yoongi toed his shoes off and put them on the rack next to the door, closing it and walking towards his Mom to give her a peck on the cheek. "Same old same old. You headed to the shop?"

His Mom smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I might be coming home a little late though. Got a load of appointments today. You can invite the guys over if you want to."

Yoongi nodded and proceeded to text the guys in their group chat, telling them to bring food, drinks, and a movie over. After putting his phone in his pocket, he sat down on a stool, slowly twirling around in it. His far away look and fidgeting didn't go unnoticed by his mother so she sighed, placed her sketchpad and pencils down on the counter and walked towards her son.

"What's on your mind kiddo?"

Yoongi sighed deeply and stared back at his mother.

His adoptive mother to be exact.

His mother that worked at a tattoo shop where she was the most requested. Her planner always filled with the smell of ink; appointment reminders and doodles on every page. His mother that had a whole tattoo sleeve on her left arm, most of it being a dragon. His mother that always encouraged him to be whatever he wanted to be. His mother that always kept her straight black hair short and above her thin shoulders.

His mother that went through hell when she was younger.

"What do you do when you have a crush?"

Her eyes widened in surprise and a small smirk appeared. "Woah! The Min Yoongi has a crush? Since when?"

"Mom, I don't have a crush. I'm just asking...for a friend."

"Yeah right. And I was just born yesterday. You don't have to tell me who it is if you don't want to, but to answer your question...hmm?" Her brows furrowed, face focused. She clicked her tongue and then snapped her fingers. "You woo them."

"Woo?" Yoongi raised an unimpressed eyebrow.

She nodded. "Yes, woo. Start with talking to them first, then become friends with them. You're not too bad at making friends, you have handful of them."

"The only reason I have friends is because Hobi dragged me everywhere and introduced me to everybody when we were in elementary school," Yoongi deadpanned. His Mom winced and slowly nodded, accepting the truth. "Okay, then you made one friend without the help of anybody."

"Okay so what do I-I mean...what does my friend do after they become friends with their crush?" "Is the friend we're talking about the friend in your pants?"

"MOM!"

She quickly held up her hands in surrender and dodged the flying pencil that was thrown at her head, small snickers falling from her lips. "Okay! Okay! Never mind. Quit being so sensitive. Anyway, the only way to woo a person is the most obvious thing anyone could ever do," she widened her eyes and moved closer as if sharing a deep dark secret.

"Cheesy pick-up lines."

She burst out into laughter when she saw how done her son was. "You know what Mom, I disown you." With that, Yoongi hopped off the stool and made his way upstairs to his bedroom, ignoring his mother's laughs and calls.

"Oh c'mon! It was just a joke sweetie. Don't get mad! If you-I mean your friend, used cheesy pick-up lines, I'm pretty sure they would get their crush to drool over them in no time!

Like hell I'm using cheesy pick-up lines he thought, scrunching his nose up at the cringey idea.