chapter 21

Kareem

There goes my escape goat. It's not that I didn't want him to go it's just if he's going I have no choice but to go as well and Sarah knew this too. And that's why I'm sitting in the first row of the rental van Sarah made my dad get.

This morning was a living hell. We planned to leave at 8 but Sarah wakes everyone up super early so we could get on the road earlier only for us to end up leaving an hour later than she wanted because she keeps forgetting things that we MIGHT need. I'm pretty sure half the house is packed in this car.

To add to the hells morning our destination is about 4 hours away from our house but it's already taken us 2 hours and we are not even halfway there. You wanna know why? Let me tell you. First 30 minutes into the drive Rabia exclaimed that she forgot our snakes and Sarah Forrest us to turn around for it. To them, it's not a trip without eating snacks on the road.

Next Sarah thinks it a good idea to stop to get breakfast. Even though Rabia packed snacks that we turned around for. THEN Yaqoob says he has to pee after we just left McDonald's (that's where we had breakfast) oh did I mention that we were on the highway when he asked? Yeah.

To say i'm annoyed is an understatement.

Deciding it would be a good idea to listen to music not only to calm myself down but also so I don't end up going crazy with all the noise. I was pulled out of my thoughts sometime later by voice came from behind me making me pull out my earbuds.

"Here," Rabia said simply trying to give me some cut apples. confused I looked at her and the apples. What does she want me to do with them?

"I was getting the munchies and I didn't want to eat by myself," she explained as if this was a plausible explanation.

Looking around I noticed that Yaqoob who was sitting next to me in his car seat was asleep as well as Aidan who was sitting on the other side of Yaqoob. My eyes then moved to looking back where Crystal resting her head on Sarah's shoulder as Sarah Lind into the window the same way that Aidan was.

"I was just offering if you don't want any offer it to uncle Dawud" Rabia shrugged and shook the bag of cut apples to get my attention again.

"Thanks" I mumbled as I grab it from her. Eating one I leaned forward to lay it on the middle thing next to my dad.

"Apples" I simply said to him. Turning his head quickly he glances at the bag before returning his eyes to the road.

Instead of answering he said "you're not asleep yet" as he removed a hand from the wheel to grab them.

"Nah, I'm not tired" to be honest but my mind kept coming up with unnecessary thoughts.

"We have less than an hour left" came my dad's voice. Nodding I leaned back into my seat resting my eyes.

I was woken by loud laughter. my mind started to catch up with everything around me as my eyes slowly openings I head Aidan voice asking Crystal to pass him the chips.

"Kareems awake can we play now?" Yaqoob asked as I sitting up straight.

"What game did you want to play?" Rabia asked from behind me.

"The word game," Yaqoob said happily. Making me grown.

"The counting game," Yaqoob said happily. 'I hate this game' 

Yaqoob learned this game from school were whoever starts one then randomly someone jumps in and say two and so on until 20. But if more than one person says the next number we have to start over or you could kick them out. if there is a more than 5-second phase we start all over again. Oh and everyone has to say a number at least ones