chapter 2

Rabia

A small knock wakes me up. I could feel the blinding lights throw my closed eyes. crinkling my eyes and tried to lift my hand but my arms felt as if they were nailed to the bed. Panic began to crawl up my throat. As I hear beeping somewhere in the room increase. I commented on my head to turn but just like my arms, it left to heavy to move. My panic was replaced with exhaustion.

footsteps were heard coming to me. And I felt cold hands press on my wrist. Even opening my eyes took a lot of energy. I cracked open my eyes but like I expected everything was so bright. I had to close my eyes for a few seconds before reopening them wider to look up at a man.  

"Oh! Good, you're awake. How are you feeling?" he asked me in his deep voice

What happened? Where am I? Where are my parents? The questions ran through my mind. 

"Where-"I crooked making me fell into a fit of coughs. The dry coughs made my head pound and my eyes water. I closed my eyes and tried to take in a deep breath to stop the coughing. When the finally coughs stopped I reopened my eyes again. licking my chapped lips I tried again only to be stopped as and arm moved under my back to help me sit up and a cold cup was placed on my lips. Immediately I opened my mouth to let the cool water run down my dry throat. The water, however, did not stop the bonding that worsted when the doctor helped me sit up.

When I finished the water the doctor slowly laid me back down

"Better? You're in a hospital, you were in a house fire." trying to think over the pain in my head hospital, house fire but trying to remember only made my headache worse. 

"You've been asleep for two days" He continued as he looked down at his clipboard.

"You're left forearm is burned. You also sprained your left knee, and I noticed on your right hip you have a sizable bruise, you also have mild co poisoning not as much as you Father but-" he was saying before I cut him off.

"Where are my parents? Are they ok? Can I see them?" I rasped out with a few coughs. Talking made the throat hurt more but that did stop me. I needed to know. the doctor looked back at his clipboard as he stayed quiet.

"Are they ok? Where are they? I need to see them" I said again feeling impatient as I tried to sit up. The room felt as if it was spinning.

"I need to see them" I repeated to the spinning floor. The doctor gently pulls me down again. 

"Don't get up. Your father is fine and your mother-" he stopped himself to clean his throat. "Your mother is, well um, you see. You mother didn't make it"

"What" I crooked stopping to clean my throat as well as my head.

"didn't make what? What happened?" lump was started to grow in my throat and my heartbeat increased making one of the machines next me started to beep loudly.

"I don't know what happened, I can only guess from you and your dad's conditions, but when you're feeling better I'll let the detective talk to you. He should be able to explain everything to you. I'm sure your hungry, I'll tell the nurse to bring you food." He turned to leave but stopped short turning back to me.

"I don't know if you would like to see anyone but.." he trailed off so he could read my face. Don't know what he saw but I guess something made him continue.

"You have a visitor. she's been coming here since you've been admitted. Would you like to see her? I think she said her name is crystal"

Crystal is here. She must know what's going not trusting my cracked voice I nodded to the doctor only to make my headache almost head-splitting.