chapter 10

Rabia

Another awkward dinner. I'm really hoping Kareem doesn't make this into a habit. I'm just glad that everyone was done eating this time.

"I need to work on the blueprints that are due tomorrow so if you don't mind I'll take me leave," Uncle Dawud said with a tight voice.

"Ok honey I'll just clean this up." Aunt Sarah said as she picked up his and her empty plate. Leaning over he gave her a kiss on the cheek before leaving.

Quickly I grabbed my plate and Kareems. Stacking them together on my lap I rolling to the kitchen I placed them into the sink which was really uncomfortable because it was almost my height. Before I could back up and go back to the dining room to grab more stuff. Yaqoob was behind me with his plate and fork in hand. Without saying anything he handed it to me. Laughing I grabbed them from him.

"Good job for picking up your plate" Yaqoob's face light up.

"Mommy said I her little helper. I always help mommy." nodding I held up my hand for a high five

"that's really good" Smiling his little hand smacked me before he ran back into the dining room with me on his heels.

Us three finished cleaning the dining room and Kitchen within 30 minutes. Including Aunt Sarah's insists saying that she got it and I should go sit down. With me pointing out that I helped make the mess I should help clean it and that I'm in a wheelchair so I am seated.

Once again Aunt Sarah helped me upstairs and into my room before leaving me so she can go take a shower.

A shower sounds so good right now. I don't remember the last time I showered. I could feel that my hair was oily now as I pulled off my hijab. I should shower but I need to find a way to be seated and not get my left arm wet. I ran my hand through my hair. I decided that I need a shower. bad.

Getting out of my wheelchair I grabbing my jp's and throw on the scarf. I was on my way out when I opened my door to see-saw Yaqoob's standing there.

"Hi, Yaqoob. Do you need something?" I asked him as I look for something I could sit on. I didn't want to put too much pressure on my knee. decided to just take a bath I turned to Yaqoob as he said.

"I'm scared to go into Kareem's room. Came I stay here?" his little voice asked. Kareem won't do anything to him, right? He's not that dumb or mad...right?

"Of course. But I'm going to take a bath." I replayed not knowing what else to say. "so you're going to have to stay here by yourself until I'm done ok?"

He nodded as he steps closer to the room and sat on my bed.

"Do you have toys to play with?" I asked looking around the room again but this time looking for toys so he could keep himself entertained as I bathed. Knowing me I'll take a long time.

"Yes I have my train," he said holding up a train he had in his hand. That I didn't notice before

"Alright I'll be back soon," I said as I walked out of him/my room to the bathroom.

I knocked on the door first and waited to make sure none was in there before opening the door. Locking the door I turned on the water on for the tub making sure the temperature was right before looking for the towels. When I had everything I need I took off my clothes making a little puddle at my feet. Next, I unwrapped my left knee after I stepped the water halfway up the tub. I didn't want to swim in my own filth... for too long

Slipping into the water I made sure to keep my leg straight. Which was really hard. Not to mention my hurt arm that I cannot get wet. If the tub was filled any higher I would have made a mess on the floor with my struggle.

With my left arm out of the tub and leg straight I tried to relax. It only worked for a few minutes until I could feel myself slipping lower and lower. Using my toes to push me up again only to slip lower in the water again

Sitting up. I looked at the soaps. I could either pick Johnson's head to toe or dove men+care. Closing my eyes I moved my hand from on to the other before randomly grabbing one.

Opening my eyes so I can open whatever I grabbed to see that it was diving. Welp, I guess I'll smell like a man instead of a baby I thought to myself as I carefully opened the bottle and poured it into my hand. I rub the soap into my skin carefully.

Deciding to skip my bruise that still hasn't left and it tender when pressed on. I Washing my right hand in the water I closed my eyes again to pick a shampoo for my hair. This time I grabbed Johnson. Laying back down I wiggled in the water to try to get all the soap off from both my body and hair. without getting water on the floor or on my left leg and arm. Let me tell you that was even more of a struggle than it sounds.

Once it was all off I unplugged the tub and waited until all the water had left before trying to get out. I almost need another bath from the sweat I was getting from the exercise of getting out of the tub. I slipped a couple times before I was steady enough to dry and dress. Not bothering with lotion.

By the time I was in my room again I was beaten. The bath somewhat relaxed me and all I really wanted to do was sleep. Looking to my bed to see that Yaqoob was asleep. Making me almost laugh at his cute sleeping possession. His butt was in the air and his face was pressed into the pillow with his lips slightly opened and his cheeks pink.

With a smile still on my face, I debating if I should let him sleep here or let him go back to Kareem's room. deciding to let him sleep here not only because Yaqoob looked too cute and peaceful but also because I didn't want to bother Kareem plus I had no idea if Kareem had cooled down yet.

Looking at the time he was probably asleep.

I prayed my last prayer before rolling Yaqoob slightly so I can pull the sheets from under him to cover him with it and curl in from the other side.

I put my back to the bed frame because I knew if I played down I would be out. Grabbing my phone I began to look for places that are hiring. I need money and fast. I didn't like using Uncle dawah money. Plus I need to help with my dad's and my hospital bills and a new electric bill that will go up because every night I've been going to sleep with my bedside lamp on.

As I looked through the jobs I slowly started to slide down until my head was resting on the pillow. 'I could work at H&M' I thought as my eyes began to droop. And soon before I knew it I was out.

~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~* ~*

Author note:

I hope y'all like this chapter. what name would yall like to be called?

Fighters or Dreamers

 If you have any questions or advice don't hesitate to tell me.

thanks for reading <3

thegirlthatdreams33