Chapter II - Eraser

This chapter is rated M for Mature Content so... don't read it if you can't bear sexually based scenes. 

I have this chapter finished for like three weeks and I wasn't going to publish it but... anyway. They're on their honeymoon so I guess such things are supposed to happen (baking babies etc.)

The rest of you who are going to read it, please no harsh judgments. It's by far the... 5th time I write such thing (I'm not gonna publish the others).

Thanks for reading, I hope you like it!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 He was sleeping peacefully. Of course, he was sleeping. The first hours of the next day had just arrived. The small cool breeze that entered the room from the window, kissed gently the white skin of her uncovered shoulder. The sounds of the almost silent movement of the sea as it hugged the shore, filled her ears.

Things seemed so peaceful, but yet many stormed around her mind and none of them was the same as 'peaceful'. She of course hadn't slept yet. It must have about 3 o' clock a.m.

Iris lifted her gaze and she looked at Zuko who was sleeping right beside her. His black hair fell on his face, one hand fitted under his pillow. They hadn't talked much after they left the theatre. They hadn't gone out to eat like they had agreed. They just entered the house and went straightly to sleep.

She checked his thoughts. His feelings about what they had just seen. Most of them were questions. Luckily Sokka hadn't put other scenes with them being together, but still, Zuko was smart enough to understand what was happening.

He wanted to ask her. But she didn't know the answer. She couldn't say the truth, she didn't know what lies to feed him.

"Oh, hey, you know I love you, but I kinda cheated on you with your best friend and we had a daughter together,"

Iris grinned at one of the possible answers that'd speak the truth. Nope, she wasn't going to answer truly. Besides, that happened before they got married, right? So it's legal.

But you were already in a relationship with Zuko.

Iris sighed. If she could hear thoughts of other people, she could also erase them, couldn't she? She hadn't tried it, she didn't know what effects this would have on his mind, and she chuckled at that thought.

As quietly as she could she touched his forehead with the two fingers of her hand and she started fumbling through his memories. She found it and she deleted it. She wasn't really sure how she did it but somehow, she was so sure that she had actually done it.

She let a sigh of relief and she drew her hand back. Maybe she'd be able to sleep after that.

"Having trouble sleeping?" She heard Zuko's familiar voice and her gaze snapped back to his.

She bit her lip trying to suppress her surprise. She wasn't expecting him to be awake. She gave him a smile. "You know me,"

Zuko cupped her face and took her hand in his "We agreed to never keep secrets from one another,"

Iris sighed "I just need more time to get used to this," she said although she knew she'd never get used to it.

She had grown up lying to everyone, having no one know her true self. She couldn't stop keeping secrets. Zuko knew that they'd talked about it before, and he didn't want to push her.