Chapter VIII - Expect the Unexpected

Once the words filled her ears she turned immediately around and her eyes widened. Iris couldn't believe that Ozai had escaped. How? How did he escape? Aang had confirmed that he had taken his bending. There's no way he'd gotten his bending back.

Iroh was there, sparring with the thirteen-year-old Kiyi, but he stopped when the news spread in the room. His eyes widened. Iris turned immediately around and she walked towards him.

"Iroh, take Kiyi to Ursa..." Iris said as she turned at General Mak, "...double the guard, shut the City gates. Whoever wants to get in or out will have their passports checked. I need nightly shifts in the Palace and in the entire City. If anyone is to see anything suspicious, anything that leads us to Ozai, will report to me," She ordered.

General Mak bowed and he walked hastily out of the room.

"He's gonna find us, isn't he, Aunty?" Kiyi asked from behind "...Ozai. He seeks revenge,"

Iris turned around and she gently cupped the girl's cheek "I promise you. I will do anything in my power to keep you, your mother and your father safe, okay?"

Kiyi nodded and Iris kissed her forehead.

"What are you going to do?" Iroh asked.

"If I wasn't in my current condition I'd go out there to find him-" She tried to say and Iroh cut her.

"That is out of question," Iroh said.

"I know. But I also know someone who can find him," Iris said and she smirked.

"June?" Iroh asked and a smile curled upon his lips.

~(>)~(O)~(>)~(<0>)~(<)~(O)~(<)~

His head hurt with a burning sting. Zuko snapped his eyes open and he tried to stand up. The sight was blurry. He blinked a couple of times as he woke on sitting position. He rubbed his forehead, taking the pain away and finally his sight cleared out.

He looked around. He was trapped inside four white walls. He touched the floor that was the same as the walls and he realized it wasn't stone. It wasn't any material he could recognize.

There was a door, but he didn't even try to check if he could get out. He knew that whoever had locked him in there, wasn't trying to set him free.

But there was light. No candles, not any flame that brought light. There was a white light that was enough to fill the whole room. Where does this light come from?

"Electric Power, you like it?" a voice heard and he jumped surprise.

He looked around trying to find someone but he found nothing. Absolutely nothing. He wasn't sure if that familiar voice was in his mind or if someone had indeed spoken.

The door opened and a woman walked in. His eyes widened.

"Mai?"

"Correct," Mai said.

She wasn't alone there were two men behind her. He was willing to bet that they were something like bodyguards. But she wasn't the same. The eye color was different. It was purple! Just like Iris's eyes. What the-?

"Where are the others? What did you do to them?!" Zuko snapped as he got into his stance.

"They'll be fine as long as the Avatar cooperates," Mai said and she signaled at the two men behind her to take him.

They wrapped his hands and Zuko started trying to create fire. He took a deep breath and he tried to fire-bend their asses. But he realized that he couldn't. He couldn't fire bend! His eyes widened. What did they do to me?