Chapter 1: A new beginning

For every decision made...for every thought...for every action...all come from a force beyond human control. It can fall into either the hands of fate or God himself, but it events are caused by even the most smallest trigger. The trigger that began the chaos and the bizarre adventure had started in the year of 1868. Where, during a heavy rainstorm, a carriage carrying a loving family, had suffered a horrible crash down a cliff. Killing seemingly everyone on board. From the driver, to the poor horses, to the young family. Gazing down from the cliff, an elderly, ugly man with a stocky build, a white beard, and missing several teeth, looked upon the wreckage and laughed.

"Hahahahaha! Feast your eyes on that wreck, would ya?" He says to his companion. He carefully slid down to the crash site, with his companion close behind, as he began eyeing at anything that be valuable. "This bastard must've died right quick like." He said as he referred to the man who appeared to have no injuries whatever. He simply laid still just a few meters away, arms and legs straighten. "Fell off that cliff, I warrant. Carriage wheels slipped in the mud." His greedy eyes fell on the beautiful ring resting on the man's finger. His companion gazed the wreckage with sorrow filled eyes, unlike the elderly man, she felt sympathy for the innocent's lost lives. Yet, a small miracle came to pass. As she was checking the around, she heard a distinctive sound...a baby. A baby's cry was heard. From the carriage, the baby was still alive. "Dario!" She called out. "The lady is dead, but the baby with her, it's still alive, I can hear it. She must've protected it with her body." She says to him. Hoping that he would stop and help take the child to a safer place.

But Dario did no such thing. He picked up the man's arms and snapped at the woman. "Leave it be! Soon enough it'll be dead." Dario couldn't care less about the child, or anyone in the wreck. As long as he received some valuables to sell off. He then stole the ring right off his finger.

"Wh-what are you doing?"

"You've got eyes, ain't cha woman? I'm appropriate his jewelry." He said. He then noticed something...odd. Beside the man was a black briefcase. Catching his interest, Dario picked it up and looked inside. What he had expect to find were money, jewels, gold coins, anything that would him make something. Instead, inside the case, was a pale white mask with the blackest hollow eyes. "Evil looking thing, ain't it? Won't fetch me nothing." He said as he tossed it away. "Hey, lend a hand. Help me yank out his pearly teeth. They'll fetch a pretty-." He was cut off as a hand snatched on to his. Dario nearly screamed as he quickly realized it belong to the man who he thought was dead. The man looked at him with hope and sorrow in his eyes. "Providence. Sends me aid in the guise of a man." He said to himself. "Many thanks. My wife...my wife and son...tell me, do they live?" He begged.

"I hate to say it, but your wife has gone on to her heavenly rest. But the baby is alive and well." Dario said, feigning sympathy for the man.

Tears fell from his eyes. His heart was torn. He closed his eyes as he tried to accept this cruel reality. The love of his life was gone from this world...but the child they made was safe and sound. So...not all was sad. "Fate is...most cruel." He turned back to Dario and told him, "My name is George Joestar. You have saved my life this cursed night. Quickly tell me your name that I may remember, before my senses fail me."

Dario looked at George like he was insane. What the hell did he take him for? 'This peacock thinks I'm here out of the goodness of me heart.' His face didn't show it, but his eyes held the sinister smirk from his unholy soul. He laughed in his thoughts. 'Little does he know, hahahahaha! Guess I'll obliged him.' He planned to drain everything this man was worth. Dario took off his hat in respect, revealing his balding head, save some hair on the back of his head, and bearing a scar crossing his forehead. "Dario Brando, your lordship."