Chapter 10: Dio! Exposed!!

It was way past midnight, and Jonathan has yet to return back home. A servant came by a short while ago and told him that Viola had left to go find him, but even she hasn't come back yet. With them gone, it made George worried. He didn't know if they were alright, or were hurt, or worse, and there wasn't much he could do. But he had remain strong and believe that in a little while, they'll come back home. The doctor by his bedside, who was checking his pulse, said to him, "Sir Joestar, JoJo's been gone three days." He was a bit worried as well. "Ms. Rose has also been gone for some time as well."

"Whatever his errand, he'll accomplish it. If Viola is with him, I'm more than sure that she'll protect him." George told the doctor with great certainty. The doctor gave the man a smile. Yes, that's the spirit. Have faith. Even if it's just a small light, it's more than enough to cut through the dark. "Where have the years gone, I wonder. He's grown into a fine man." He said with slight chuckle. Where...did the years go? It seemed as though it was only yesterday that Jonathan was just a boy. His precious son who had, thank God above, survived that accident with him. On his wife's grave, he swore he would always watch over and protect their child. But...now that he thought about it...how much has he done so?

On the first day, Dio had come to live with them, George had been spending more time with him than with his own son. And whenever he did, George would often be so cold and belittle him on his lack of manners and his intelligence. Comparing him to Dio. Looking back on it now, he barely noticed that Jonathan was around when he left the manor. What...what kind of father was he? What kind of parent does that to their child? Oh, what would Mary think if she was here? "I cannot help but wonder if I was too hard on the boy growing up." George said.

He knew now that he made some mistakes, but now he was going to make things right. When Jonathan comes home, he'll be sure to tell his son that he loves him more than he'll ever know. Tell him just how sorry he was for being so cold towards him. Once George gets back on his feet, he'll prepare everything for when Jonathan reveals his surprise for Viola. Throughout the years, George saw the burning spirit resting in that woman's soul. She's strong, independent, smart, but also a bit headstrong, stubborn, and...a little wild. But deep down, she has a kind heart. She's unlike any other girl he's seen, but at the same time, she was perfect for his son. She brought life back into the manor, and filled both his and his sons lives with joy. The look she and Jonathan gave each other was the same when he and Mary were together. He knows that no matter what happens, Viola would be there, always for Jonathan.

Back at the Port City outside the Joestar Mansion, Dio stumbles in his steps was he walks down the empty streets with a bottle in his hand. He could barely keep his vision clear much less keep himself from falling over. Ever since, Viola left to go find Jonathan, he had been distressed by suspicions towards the young Joestar. He took a few large gulps of alcohol. 'I'm sure JoJo's laying dead in some alley by now and Viola has already discovered his corpse. Did he found the apothecary?' Dio thought to himself. He was worried that Jonathan had actually found the man who sold him the poison and had already gone to the authorities. If he had...than everything he had done was for nothing!! The Joestar fortune, his recourses, his woman would all slip from his grasp for good! Because of this, Dio had taken up drinking and curses himself for doing the same thing his own father did.

'Look at me! Swilling it down! Nothing but a drunken fool, just like my bastard father!! Damn it!!' He took another swing as he continued to walk to who knows where. He had only taken a few steps before he had bumped into a couple of hardy men on the street. Of course, Dio couldn't care less about them as he kept on going. The man he had bumped into didn't take this too kindly. "Watch yourself!! Or have you no respect for your elders, boy?!" He said. Clearly both of these men were drunk. Dio wasn't listening as he continued to drink.