Chapter 22: It's okay to hurt... Goodbye.

The sun had just begun to set over the horizon and Viola was out, enjoying the scenery and the gentle winds kissed her face. This was all too good to be true. The vast open sea, the fresh, salty air, travelling to America... It was like a dream. A dream Viola herself couldn't believe she was having. She looked over at the flock of birds flying above her when she spotted one bird flying in and landing on the railing beside. Lifting its head and letting out a song. As if to call out for its friends that suddenly left it behind. Viola became saddened when she saw the bird. "Poor thing, why are you all alone out here? Did you lose your flock?"

Then just as suddenly, another bird came in and landed beside the lonely bird, cuddling with it. Telling it that they were there and it won't be alone. Ever. Viola's heart swelled at the sight. For some reason, the bird had reminded Viola of herself. All alone in the world with no one to turn to, but in an unexpected twist of fate, was found. She smiled brightly as a voice called out to her from behind.

"Viola." The emerald-eyed woman turned around and was met with the love of her life, who was standing there with a smile on his face. "Something wrong, love?" Jonathan asked. Viola didn't answer him, but she turned heeled and ran towards him. Wrapping her arms around him and embracing him close to her. How? How could she be so deserving of a man of his stature? What was she had done in her life to have someone so noble and kind love her?

Jonathan noticed the tears rimming her eyes, but also her smile. Wrapping his arms around her to bring her closer, he asks, "Dear, what are you crying about?" Viola cuddled against him, savouring his warmth before answering him. "These tears that I cry are from joy. Joy that I am here with you." She says as she turned her gaze to the two birds who have found each other in this vast open world.

Viola and Jonathan pulled away just slightly so that they could look at the other with love in their eyes.

"The day we first met, I had took you for a pompous, entitled brat. But I see now that you were just a boy who strived to become a true gentleman. A champion of others, no matter the consequence to yourself. And now that proud and noble Jonathan Joestar is here in my arms."

"And I have you. When my heart was frozen in despair, you warmed me and brought me back to life. And in return, I saved you from the pits of loneliness and filled the void in your heart. I am fortunate to have saved a world that has you in it. I'm happy that father had the chance to meet you."

Jonathan smiled brightly as he looked up at the sky. Knowing that his mother and father are watching down on him, smiling and feeling proud of him for all that he has done. She prayed that both of Viola's mothers are smiling down on her as well. "Viola, come." Jonathan said as he pulled away, held her hand, and began to lead her back inside the ship. "Supper's waiting." As he pulled her along, Viola looked up ahead and tried to give Jonathan a warning. However, she was a little two late as he, due to his height, banged his head against the door. As Jonathan held his head in pain, Viola couldn't help but laugh.

"Hahahaha! I had tried to warn you so that you wouldn't bash your head. Hahaha, you really need to be more careful, my darling." She said as she laughed. Jonathan soon joined her in laughter as they went back inside to get ready for dinner.

'I wish that today could would last forever...'

Elsewhere, a silver cross fell from above and landed on top of the coffin down below. A heavily drunken Father Styx bent down and saw where he had dropped it, with a bottle of booze in his hand. "Damn..! It fell into the engine room. That's a filthy place to go after it." He hiccupped. "I could sell it...but it brings in the shackles." Father Styx stood back up on his feet, nearly tripping over and took another swing of his liquor. "Dear Lord... you surely do seem to enjoy picking on me." He says as he proceeds to go and retrieved his cross.