Chapter 4: I'm not her

Three days have gone by since Jonathan's day with Viola. And with each passing moment, the two of them were getting rather close. Before they knew it, the two were spending time together everyday, as if they've been friends for years. To the young Joestar, the past three days were the happiest times in his life. He's was no longer alone. He had exactly what he needed; Danny and Viola. Michaelis was a working progess. Apparently, that horse didn't like him getting too close to his rider. Viola told him that she thought Michaelis was getting jealous of him. Though, she could've been joking. Honestly, why would a horse be jealous of him for? But anyway, Jonathan was happy. That's all that he could ask for. Viola's feeling were mutual. Not once did she thought she could ever have this much fun with anyone other than her dearest Erina. She was actually happy that there someone else who've come to accept her for who she is.

Viola liked, and respected, him for that. The two were currently walking along the stone walkways of the city as usual. Viola gave Jonathan a smile before nudging him in the shoulder before jogging away. "Hey!" Jonathan said as he laughed, chasing after her. The red-haired girl laughed whole heartedly. During the time they spent time together, Viola couldn't help but notice she'd been feeling...odd when she's around him. She felt more...free. More happier, more open, more...feminine? Viola herself never considered herself to be a full woman since she's interested in things that others think are completely disgraceful and/or an embarrassment to their ways. If it was any other, she couldn't care less what they think.

But with Jonathan, she felt more self-cautious. Jonathan is a gentleman and the son of a wealthy man. Yes, he's happy around and considers her a friend, but surely he must feel uncomfortable with a 'wild' girl like her at times, right? Viola went into some deep thinking to try and figure out why she felt this way. However, she hasn't found the answer yet.

Viola and Jonathan ran through town, laughing the entire way, when they passed by a boutique. Viola continued to laugh and looked behind her, and her smile dropped when she saw that Jonathan stopped chasing her. His attention were locked at one of the dresses out of display. She walked up next to him and saw what it was that caught his eye. It was a gorgeous white gown with a silver lining complete with a tiara fit for a princess. Viola looked at Jonathan and saw that he was in some sort of trance. He looked like he was in heaven. His eyes were shining and he held a small smile. Pink dust colored his cheeks. "Jonathan?" She asked.

"Wha-what?" Jonathan stuttered as he was brought out of his daydreaming. "Is something wrong?" She asked him.

"Huh? Oh no, it's nothing. Seeing this gown, reminded me of someone I longed to see again." He said.

That caught Viola's interest. Suddenly, she felt dread washing over her. Why? Why was she feeling this? Viola mustered up a smile and said, "Really? From your tone, I would think this person is some kind of mystery."

"She is." Jonathan said, happily. 'She'? The two continued their walk as Jonathan began telling his tale of that mysterious girl. "Honestly, I often wished she wasn't a mystery. Of course, I only met her once, but I still want to see her again and know everything about her."

"Goodness, you sound devoted." Viola giggled. "If I didn't know any better, I would assume that you're in love with her." She said that as a joke. She said it only to tease him. Viola expected him to laugh with her, or at least stutter and be embarrassed about it and deny it. Neither of those happen. Instead, Jonathan looked at her with a big smile. He was blushing. "I am. I fell in love with her. There was something about her that drew me to her. I could tell there was something that was different about her, something that separated her from the others. I can't explain it but...she was so beautiful, like an angel."