Chapter 2: Dio the Invader and the Girl with Red Hair

Jonathan made it back to his estate. During his walk back home, he was still rubbing his sore cheek. It still stung. Did he seriously call that girl a lady? She hits like a man! Geez, the less he sees of her the better, she's so unladylike! As soon as he steps into his grounds, he spots a carriage arriving towards the house. Hmm, that was odd. Jonathan's father hadn't mentioned anything about people visiting today. The carriage came to a complete stop and the door springe open. First, a suitcase was thrown out onto the stone path, and not too far behind a young boy about his age with blonde hair and orange eyes jumped out. He wore a blue coat, white dress shirt, a tie, suspenders, breeches, and a pair of striped socks. Jonathan took notice that he has 3 moles on the lobule of his left ear. Jonathan stared at the boy in confusion. He had never seen this boy before. 'Who is he?' He thought to himself. It took him a minute, but Jonathan realized who this boy was and why he was here.

"You must be Dio Brando, right?" Jonathan asked.

"And you're Jonathan. Heir to the Joestars." Dio said.

"Yes, please call me, JoJo." Jonathan told him as raised his hand in a friendly manner. "It's a pleasure to meet you." Before Dio could even shake his hand, the boys heard barking. They turned and noticed that Jonathan's dog, Danny, was running towards them. "Danny!" The Joestar Heir happily called out. He bents down in one knee with his arms stretched out. Smiling as he waited for his friend. "That's Danny. He's my dog as well as my steadfast companion." Jonathan turns to Dio with a reassured look. "Don't worry, he knows better than to nip at strangers." Dio glared menacingly at Danny as he was getting close. Once he was in range, without a thought, Dio knees Danny in the jaw. Causing him to cry out and sends him to the ground. Seeing this greatly angers Jonathan and he shouts, "What was that for?! How dare you?!" As he yells, he brought up his fists. Dio moves into a defensive stance as he glared the blue-haired boy. 

'So this is the brat I must usurp. Where's his heart on his sleeve? He's quick to anger. This pampered fool is no match for the likes of Dio Brando.'

"Fighting already?" Before things got too out of hand, the near brawl was ceased thanks to the presence of George Joestar standing by the door. Standing by him was his maid and butler. "I would know what this about." George says to the young boys. Dio immediately backs down and took on a humble act. He bowed down at the waist and said, "Sorry. The dog jumped at me and, in my haste, I struck it." It was a good thing he did bowed. In his position, none of them could see the evil smirk that was growing on his face. Once they were inside, George happily welcomed Dio into the family. "Welcome to the manor. Consider yourself a part of the family." George turned to his servants and said, "Everyone, I would have died in the crash that claimed my wife weren't not for Dio's father. You will treat him as you would my own son." The maids and butler bowed in agreement. But of course, if it weren't for him, they would never see their dear master again. They were just as grateful as he was. "This is your home now, Dio. Please avail yourself of all its comforts."

"Thank you, sir. For taking in this poor unfortunate."

"JoJo has lost his mother as well. And you're the same age, you'll be thick as thieves soon." George said. "JoJo, Dio didn't mean to hurt Danny."

"Right." Currently, Danny was munching down on his food outside right now. He seems to be alright, so that's all that matters. "It stands to reason, father. If a strange jumped at me, I'd be surprised too." Jonathan says with a gentle smile. He turned his gaze back to Dio and felt a bit uneasy. He got this strange feeling around him, he felt it from his so-called apology earlier. 'I wish his apology had been more sincere. But as we'll be living here together...I'll do my upmost to be friendly.'  Jonathan thought. Starting today, Dio will be his older brother. So, he will forgive him this once and be nice. He will be kind and treat him with respect. Maybe within a few weeks, they'll be true friends.