01

A/N: I hope you'll enjoy! It's based on Princess Protection Program. Please refrain from making comments about girl group + bts ships. I am still rewriting this, trying to make it gender neutral so it's acceptable for guys, girls and non-binary individuals!

Y/N P.O.V.

I've never been much of a romantic myself. I thought relationships were dumb and not for me. That was until I finally ended up falling in love. This must sound so cliche, I'm aware. It's the story of almost every single cheesy love story out of there. It really did feel like a movie, however this ended up being my reality. Well, for as long as it lasted.  

I came from an average looking family, I didn't know my mother. She left when I was young. I was raised in the outskirts of a small town, basically in the middle of nowhere. We owned a store for those who had fishing as their hobby. That's where I helped out everyday. However, my father had another job. He worked for a company that protected multiple royals from around the world. Some were brought as refugees, some for protection. He was my only close family, so even though he wasn't home often, the time we spent together was always quality.

I don't have many friends in school, but I have two  best friends that I knew since middle school. They are Eunwoo and Jungkook. They have a lot more friends I'm usually around and hang out with sometimes. I'm more close to Eunwoo, though. I've known her for longer. 

This is how my life was for quite long, until that one day.

Everything started normally. I woke as usual and ate my breakfast. My dad brought me to school. That was only when he was home. Other times, I had no other choice but to take the bus.

"So how's school?" He suddenly asked.

"Really?" I sighed. My dad looked at me with an eyebrow raise. I shook my head and left out one more sigh. " It's nothing interesting."

"Why don't you try to make more friends?" He recommended.

"Because..."I sighed. "It's hard trying to make friends in a place where people expect you to look and act the same way as them."

My dad nodded. "Why don't you go and talk to somebody?"

"I tried, but I won't force myself to like people who make me uncomfortable." I murmured.

Before my dad could respond with anything his phone rang. He picked it up and put it to his ear "Yes. No. Yes. Right away." He talked on his phone. "Bye."

"You're leaving again?" I sighed.

"I'll be back in the afternoon, don't worry." My dad smiled and I nodded.

"Phew. I thought I won't see you for another two weeks." I said in relief. I didn't want to keep up the shop alone.

"Just a smaller thing I have to do and I'm back, okay?" He told me.

"Yes." I nodded and looked at him. "Just be careful, alright?"

"Always." He said and stopped the car in front of the school.

We did our small handshake and I hugged him. I stepped out of the car and rushed in the school. As I stepped inside, somebody slammed a baby pink poster in my face. 'Vote for the prom queen!' It said. This was a certain tradition in my school. We had to sign up for the role of the queen and they' would choose 3 nominees. And at prom who got the most votes would be the winner. I never cared about it much. 

School just passed by without a problem. I never had issues with it, my grades were fine and I never had conflicts with teachers. While I was on the bus, I got a message from dad that he's home and he had brought someone with him. I didn't know what he meant by that, so I decided no to care. The bus stop was right in front of our house, that's why I didn't have to walk much.