07

Y/N P.O.V.

We started walking away from the school's building.It was already dark outside, so the only light on the streets were from the street lamps and cars coming here and then. Just as we got home, we realized it was a bit too early to go sleeping since the party didn't end until 9:00 pm and it was just 8:30 pm. My dad was only going to come home tomorrow, so we couldn't really do anything.

"What will we do now?" Jimin asked as he sat down on the couch.

"I have exactly no idea." I said and walked into the living room.

"Same." He sighed.

"Do you want to talk?" I asked.

"About what?" He looked at me.

"About anything..."I shrugged. "I don't know anything about you that much, but if we want to build a better relationship with each other we should try to get to know each other. It's not that bad and we don't have anything better to do..."

"Okay." He rubbed his eyes cutely, "What do you want to know?"

"Maybe, something about your life?" I offered.

"It's not that interesting as you think." He started.

"I will never know if you won't tell me..." I pouted.

"Fine."He sighed. "So about my life...I was always homeschooled, I had a few friends but not that loyal.I like to just go out and not stay inside because as much as the palace looks exciting and fun, it turned into the place that I hate the most. My family wants me to be this perfect prince, but I don't want that... I find my brother way more capable of being the next king. I want to have my own freedom and live just the way I want, not the way everybody wants me to be like. My brother always wanted that for himself and I never did. Now my family understands that I don't want this, but it's still not easy..."He shrugged. "I want to have a partner that I chose for myself, I want to live in my own place, I want to have friends who love me for who I am and not for fame...Here I can find friends and live the normal life I always wanted."

"What do you mean by a partne that you chose for yourself?" I asked. "You can't choose your own?"

"No, it's not that." He shook his head. "I can, but if I choose a normal person who's from an average family, the chances of my father accepting them is like zero. I've only had boyfriends before, they  were all from rich families that my parents are friends with and everybody was shocked when I broke up with them, well I think it was expected."

"Do you have a partner now?" I referred to Haseul. 

"Yes, I have a girlfriend." He said.

"And do you love her?" I looked in his eyes.

" I like her." He nodded.

"Good." I smiled. "And when are you wanting to tell me that it's Haseul, who's actually my best friend?"

"I know that you saw us kissing, so I don't have to." He told me. "Now, don't change the topic. It's your turn to tell me about your life."

"My life isn't interesting." I shook my head.

"I don't know anything about you either, Y/N." He looked at me. "It's your turn."

"Well, about me..."I forced a smile on my face. "I live with my dad since I was very small. He's rarely home, so I had different babysitters all the time. Nowadays I'm just alone, sometimes with my friends. .I was bullied a lot, too...I always wanted someone to talk with about my problems, but dad was never home and I can't just talk with him about everything, he can't give advice about that topic and sometimes I wish I had a mom who I could spend this time with..."

"Why, what happened to your mom?" He asked.

"I don't like to talk about my mom." I said.

" Do you even know where your mom is?" He repeated.

"Who knows?"I shrugged. " All I know is that she probably didn't want me. I know is that she's somewhere, with maybe a different family. But who cares, right?" I sighed, and tried to hold my tears back. "She probably forgot my existence."

"Look, if you think about it, our lives aren't that different." He said. "I mean, we both were almost completely alone growing up and we're both emotionally fucked up."

"Yeah." I laughed. "Who would've thought, right? It feels like you're my brother who I only got to know like a few days ago. I always wanted a sibling."

"And now you have one." He smiled. "We may not be related, but I guess we have some stuff in common and if you want, I can treat you like you're my little sister."

"Oh, I'm so glad I met you." I hugged him.

"I'm glad I met you, too." He told me.

"This might sound very weird, but I love you already." I chuckled.

"I love you, too." He laughed.

But I love you differently...When will you realize that?
I don't want to love you as a brother, I want to be with you. Those were my thoughts that day.