Chapter 14

*** Really quick note***

I finally got a chance to update! I've been so busy lately with volleyball and now basketball is starting at the same time as volleyball its crazy. I've also had writers block kinda so sorry if this sucks! But enjoy.

*Mac's POV*

I woke up in the car next to Ethan. The sun was shining through the car windows. It was a beautiful day. 

"Hey sleepy head." Ethan said.

"Haha hey." I responded. 

"We are almost there." Ethan said looking out the window.

"Really?! Im sooooo excited!!"

Ethan chuckled. "We will be at the house in about twenty minutes."

"Yay! What are we going to do first?"

"Unpack the go to the beach."

"Great!" I responded.

For the last few minutes of the car ride I looked out the window. We were driving along the water and it was beautiful. The color of the water was absolutely gorgeous. I was amazed by how clear the sky was. North Carolina has clear skies but we don't have an ocean like this to compliment it. Our part of the ocean is so blah. And I live on the opposite side of the state so I never even see the ocean. As we got closer to the house I got more and more excited. I get to spend a whole week with the guy I love in this beautiful place.

When we pulled up to the house I was in awe. "Woah.. This place is-" I was cut off by Ethan.

"Amazing. I know. I don't know how we managed to get so lucky with renting it year after year."

"Agreed." his dad cut in.

I grabbed my bags out of the car and headed inside. I walked in and there was stairs that went up and some that went down. I didn't know where I was supposed to go so I just waited for Ethan.

"Mac, follow me." Ethan said when he walked in. He led me up the stairs. There was a hallway with 3 rooms, 2 were bedrooms and one was a bathroom. "This is your room." He opened a door and it led to a huge room. There was a closet, a dresser, a tv, a huge bed, a balcony and a bathroom. It was painted in shades of purple with seashells everywhere. It was perfect.

"Woah this is woah." is all I could say.

"My room is right next door if you need me."" he said.

"Ooh! I wanna see your room!" he chuckled and I followed him to his room. It was the same as mine but was painted in shades of blue instead of shades of purple like mine.

"Okay you go unpack and get ready to go to the beach." he told me.

"You have to help me. Please?"

He thought it over in his head then finally gave in. "Fine, but you have to help me too."

"Yay! Let's go!"

After we were done unpacking we got ready to go to the beach. Since the house was ocean-front all we had to do was walk down a path and boom your on the beach. I grabbed a towel and sunglasses and headed to the ocean. Ethan grabbed my hand as we walked down the path. This was an absolutely perfect way to start this trip. Then it happened. My phone beeped in my bag. I pulled it out thinking it was mom asking if we had gotten there safely. But it wasn't

Unknown: hey princess:) have fun at the beach with your lover;) -J

"Ethan!!" I yelled. 

"What! What's wrong?" he tryed to stay calm but I could tell he was worried,

"Look." I was in tears now and I handed him the phone. His eyes got wide when he read it.

"Let's go back to the house." Ethan said.

"Okay." we turned around and started to walk then my phone beeped again.

Unknown: aw princess why ya leaving so soon? dont wanna stay at the beach? -J

I started sprinting back towards the house now. I was so scared. Ethan was calling after me but I didn't stop till I got the the house. His parents went to the grocery so I was alone. I ran to my room and layed on my bed sobbing. Ethan walked in the room and sat next to me.

"Mac. why'd you run away like that?" I couldn't answer his question so I just handed him the phone and sobbed more and more. "Oh I see.." I could hear Ethan's voice tremble. He was just as scared as I was but trying to stay calm. I felt him lay next to me so I wrapped my arms around him. He did the same to me and rubbed my back, trying to calm me.

"What if something happens to me?" I asked Ethan.

"I won't let anything happen to you Mac. I promise." Ethan responded. I didn't say anything back, I just sat in his arms and slowly drifted to sleep.

When I woke up, Ethan still had me wrapped in his arms. It was so peaceful, I loved it. I had clam down from what happened earlier, but I was still scared. I looked up at Ethan and the was still sleeping. I looked at the clock on the wall behind him, 3:00. I decided to fall back asleep in his arms, The only place I felt safe right now.

***AUTHOR'S NOTE***

Hey! I hoped you liked the chapter! THANKS FOR 1k READS!! Maybe I'll update again later today maybe not!

Kisses:*

~Bre:)