Chapter 28

SCARLETT'S POV
I didn't know he was coming over.

I didn't know he was coming over just to start this.

He should know that "I love you" isn't something to throw around.

"Scarlett, are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah just frustrated." I said.

"With what?" He asked.

"With what just happened. I didn't know he was coming over. A nice text would've been nice. He came over just to start that." I said.

"Start what?" He asked.

"The whole you don't love me anymore act. He knows damn straight why I stopped saying I love you to him." I said.

"Why did you stop?" He asked.

"Because I take that sentence seriously. To me, that isn't just something you throw around. You have to mean it to say. Quite frankly, I don't think our relationship is strong enough to be whispering I love you at two in the morning." I ranted.

"Come here." He said holding me.

I didn't realize I had started crying.

When I get really mad I just cry.

"You know what I didn't like about his attitude?" He asked.

"What?" I asked.

"That he treated you like his property. You're his girlfriend. Not his phone. He should treat you with respect. He should've known when to stop." He said.

"But I respect you. I wouldn't treat you like a phone or a house. You're a living breathing human with the same rights as me." He said.

I don't know why, but that just made me cry more.

"It's okay, Scar. You're okay. I got you. I promise I won't let go." He said.