|Chapter Twenty-Six|

Aphmau watched as Lucinda stirred the glowing glittery potion, seeing the witch sprinkle a dust into it.

  "What's that?" She asked, fascinated by the magic.

  "It's fairy dust. Not actually, but that's what it's called. It's just for show, a bunch of pretty glitters mixed together." She grabbed something of the dresser and dropped it in, making a small splash.

  "What was that?"

  "A mandrake root." She shrugged. "Used in a lot of potions, so I've learned. Now you know it too."

"Magic is so cool!"

"Not magic, witch-crafting."

"Right, sorry."

"It's fine, everyone makes the mistake every now and then." She paused, dropping in a mushroom. "Actually, almost every single day."

Aphmau glanced at the table, seeing a lavender. She picked it up, twirling it in her hands.

"How long did it take for you to learn witch-crafting?"

"I started learning when I was 10." Lucinda took a cut cord, dipping it into a cup of water. She dropped it and cackled as it flickered in electricity. Once it stopped, she grabbed it and dropped it into the potion. "You can go ahead and drop the lavender into it." She said, gesturing to the plant in Aphmau's hand.

The girl stared at the witch wide eyed, but didn't hesitate. She dropped it in and waited for the next thing Lucinda was going to do.

"I could teach you, if you really wanted." She spoke up, stirring the potion.

"Could you?"

"Yeah. Wouldn't bother me." Lucinda pulled the spoon out and grimaced when it came out black and charred. "I need a new spoon." She tossed it into the trash, staring at the potion. "When should we start lessons?"

"Tomorrow, possibly? I'm planning on watching you make this potion every day anyways."

"Sounds good to me."