|Chapter Twenty-Seven|

Zane stood on the edge of the roof, leaning on the railing. He stared at the rope connecting all the hotels.

He needed to figure out which one Aphmau and everyone else stayed in.

He stared across the rooftops, hoping he could see if anyone was standing on the roof.

He gasped, whipping around when he heard a loud noise. He saw something glittering down from the sky, almost like a firework. He saw purple smoke clouding up from a rooftop.

He needed to get a closer look, hoping it'd be someone he knew.

He climbed over the railing, stomach lurching when he saw the drop. All that stood before him was a stiff rope.

He looked down at his outfit. A pale pink oversized sweater that hung off his shoulders, giving him sweater paws, black shorts lined with white, and black vans outlined with blue.

The breeze brushed against his legs, but he didn't mind it. He held his arms out by his sides, balancing on the rope.

He wobbled before regaining himself and continued walking. He hopped onto the ground, rushing to get to the next rope.

He was afraid of getting caught, but he really wanted to see who was on that rooftop. He had a feeling. A good feeling. That it was someone he knew.

As he got closer, he saw the orange hair and the glowing red eyes.

Lucinda.