♥ Harmony (US! Chara x Blind! Reader)

'"Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars
I'm gonna give you my heart," you sang, feeling the breeze blow through your hair.

"Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars
'Cause you light up the path
I don't care, go on and tear me apart
I don't care if you do ooh ooh
'Cause in a sky, 'cause in a sky full of stars
I think I saw yooooooou."

You couldn't help but dance around on the balcony, absorbing the music as you moved. Not slowing down, you laughed at how foolish you were acting, soon finding yourself trying to catch your breath.

"But I don't care, go on and tear me apart," you breathed, turning your head up towards the sky as if to look at all the stars.

"I don't care if you do ooh ooh
'Cause in a sky, 'cause in a sky full of stars
I think I see yooooooou
I think I see yooooooou."

You heard footsteps coming in your direction and turned to face them; they were small footsteps, so you assumed it was...

"Chara? Is that you?" you asked as the song ended.

"Yeah," their small voice replied, coming closer to you.

You knelt down to their height and smiled at them. "What's up? Did you come to watch the stars too?"

"Well, I heard singing and wondered what it was, but it was you! You sound really pretty!"

You blushed and giggled at their compliment. "Aw, thanks, Chara. It was nothing really, though." You turned back around to lean on the balcony railing, Chara walked up beside you.

"It was amazing! I think you could be better than Napstabot!"

You smiled and hummed contently at the warm draft rustling the snowy trees. "Really? Hm. I don't think anyone's better than Napstabot. Though, he does make really cool music."

"Yeah, I guess so."

There was a long pause, with nothing but the whisper of the wind jingling the entrance bell of the Shop to fill the silence.

"... So, do you come out here all the time?" Chara asked you.

You sigh, deciding on how to answer them. "Well, not all the time. But whenever I feel uneasy or stressed. It's so relaxing up here and it's a perfect place to come and clear your mind."

I noted their evident silence as them trying to process my wording. "But you have a better treat than I do, nonetheless. You, Papy and Blue get to enjoy the stars you see every night... and I'm very happy for you, Chara."

"Aw, sister..." they hugged your legs, "I'm sorry you can't see. It must be awful. I wish there was a way to fix it."

You sighed and turned your head down towards them. "I know... But it's alright. I can still enjoy life as much as I did when I had my sight. I don't let my blindness get me down, and neither should you." I bent down and gave them a small kiss on their head, "Okay? "

You heard them sniffle and wipe their eyes before hugging you tighter. "Okay."

"Good. Besides," You pick them up and nuzzle your face on their chest. "Who needs sight when I have so much love to give?"

They laughed and tried to push you away in an attempt to stop your tickling. "Sister, stop! That tickles!"

"Never! Let me love you, Chara!"

"Nooooo!"