♥ Favorite Things (Children! Sans + Papyrus x Reader)

As the thunder clapped, you snuggled into your bed and pulled the blanket over your shoulders. You always liked thunderstorms (sorry if you don't), they helped you sleep easier and were somewhat calming to you; though others, two skeletons, in particular, had a different opinion.

You heard a rapid knock on your door, causing you to groggily wake up. "Hello?" you whisper.

"_____? Are you awake?" You recognized the voice as Sans'; His little voice made your face soften.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm up. Come in, Sans," you assured, rubbing your eyes.

The door cracked open and Sans walked in timidly, approaching your bed. "... Can I sleep with you?" he whispered.

You sat up and looked at him as your eyes adjusted. "Sure, come here." You picked Sans up and set him on the bed beside you; another clap of thunder sounded, making Sans flinch and his eye flicker to blue before returning to normal.

"Are you afraid of the storm?" you asked softly, gazing at him lovingly.

He slowly nodded, clinging to your shirt.

"Okay. Alright, get under the covers." You shifted so he had some room.

He quickly crawled under the blanket and snuggled closer to you.

You looked toward the open door. "Hey, where's Pa-?"

There was suddenly a loud clap of thunder and a muffled shriek was heard from the room next door. Soon enough, little Papyrus came sprinting into the room and jumped under the blanket, shaking like a leaf.

"Papyrus, you're not scared too, are you?" you asked softly, rubbing his head under the blanket.

"No," he stuttered, poking his head out, "The Great Papyrus is never afraid of thunderstorms!" Another clap of thunder sounded, causing Papyrus to jump and conceal himself under the covers.

You sigh and smile softly, bringing them both close to you. "I know you don't like the noise, but it'll be over soon. Here..." You pulled the blanket over them as they looked up at you fearfully.

"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

Bright, copper kettles and warm, woolen mittens

Brown, paper packages tied up with strings

These are a few of my favorite things," you sang slowly.

The boys' eyes begin to droop and Papyrus yawned, encouraging you to continue.

"Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels

Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles

Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

These are a few of my favorite things."

When they eventually fell asleep, you smiled happily at them, yawning as you shift your position to lay down; You set the small skeletons next to you. Giving them both small kisses on their skulls, you close your eyes and fall asleep to the now dormant storm.

"Goodnight, you two."