Chapter 5

LOAINE’S P.O.V

“Hey Loaine, you spaced out too much at the show, what is it?”  Eve punched my hand as we were walking home together.  We went to the same direction by the way, because you’d find Eve’s house a block from mine.

“No I didn’t, I was enjoying the show.”

“No I’m not saying you didn’t enjoy it.  You did, but I guess you have something in your mind.  Tell me.”

“Ah you’re daydreaming.  I got nothing in here.”

“Hey I know my best friend.  Don’t fool me.”

“Okay, I was thinking about my accident with Toby…  I guess I acted disrespectful to him when all he wanted was just to help me…”  I frowned.

“Hmm…yeah, that’s what I’m thinking too, why didn’t you let him to help you?  This is serious I’m not teasing you alright.”

“I don’t know, I just don’t want to bother him.  They’re in hurry, I can see that.”

“But that’s accident Loaine, you had hot coffee all over your body.  I’m serious, that must be hurt a little bit.”

“Yeah I felt it but…I can’t…”

“And now you’re preoccupied by it?”

“By my rude comments to him, yeah, I should’ve not done that.  I really want to say sorry by the last time he looked at the crowd before the bus drove off…but probably he didn’t want to see me anymore.”

“Oh Loaine this side of you I don’t like, at all.  Don’t say that.  You should’ve said something to him, even a sorry for your rudeness, when you had chance.  Now he’s gone.”

“That’s why…”  I bowed my head with all the negativity inside my head.  Probably Toby hated me right now.

“Okay dear best friend, we’re at yours.  I really want to help you but I don’t know, I can’t stay over at yours right now.  Mom asked me to accompany her.  But hey, tonight my sister and I will go to their show.  You write something, I’ll give it to Toby.”

“Write something?”

“Yeah, write something.  Like a letter, you know?  Anything you want.  Just say sorry and that’s all.  I won’t open your letters, that’s a promise because it’s none of my business.  So I want you to write everything, and give it to me this afternoon.  I’ll ask Bella to pull over at yours before we go to the concert.”

“You’re…serious?”

“One last chance baby, if you ruin this, I’d probably hate you.”

“And you’re not serious with that.”  I looked at her.

“The world you never know…”

Then the wonderful Evelyn left me in front of my house, walked further to hers.   This was excellent; what should I write?  I walked upstairs to my room and took a piece of paper.  Let’s hope I wouldn’t humiliate myself to him.