Chapter 12

LOAINE’S P.O.V

It’s been a week since Toby and the rest of them left Manila.  I was all alone in here, living the same exact daily activities with the lovely Evelyn.  Don’t ask.  She kept telling me that Toby has sent her a DM through Twitter and asked about me.  In fact, the whole band members followed her.  She told me so.  But guess what?  I didn’t believe her.  Like how could Toby ask about me?  I didn’t even deserve the tiniest attention from him.  I wasn’t a fan.  And I’ve told him about it.  But this little Eve kept telling me some funny stories she was sharing with the boys.  Yeah, in a single week, Evelyn gained 500 followers on her Twitter, because of Before You Exit.  I was so happy for her.  She’s been a fan this long and has been always there to support those guys so far.  I wouldn’t match her sacrifice.

“Look Loaine, he tweeted me again!  I’m making good friends with whole of them you know!”  Eve yelled right after the school bell rang.  We’re about to go to my photo shoot venue.  Oh yes, in case you wanted to know, I was doing model too lately.

“Yeah, tell me why should I care about it?”

“Because today he asked about you,”

“Oh,”

“Loaine please, I’ve told you, he cares.”

“He didn’t, Eve.  Even if he did, I wouldn’t want to be preoccupied by it.  It’s so tiring and frustrating.  He’s somebody out there, you have no idea.”

“And I’ve given him some of your photo shoots from yesterday.”

I stopped texting and looked at her in the eyes.  “Tell me about it again.”

“No…uh…no I mean he asked…so…”

“Why didn’t you tell me about it?”

“I…guess you wouldn’t agree with that…”

I widened my eyes but I didn’t know if I was doing it playfully or not.  “Exactly,”

“Girl, told you million times, he doesn’t forget you.”

“It’s just a coffee accident.  I’m nothing compare to all his fans.”

“Like he cares…”

“Evelyn please, it’s been so hard for me to forget about him and the letter I’ve written and stuff.  This isn’t real.”

“You’re in denial.”

“I’m not!”

“Loaine I know you.”

“Thank you, and that’s why.”

“But if they will come back next year, would you meet him?”

“Yeah, and I would happily humiliate myself in front of him because he wouldn’t recognize me anymore.”

“My Lord…”

“That’s only happen in fairytale, Eve.  Deal with it…”

“Watch out.  I know what I’m doing.”

“And what are you doing?”

“That’s a secret.  I’m his best friend, remember?”

“Whoa you must be like him so much.”

“And someday, you’ll thank me for that.”

I just sighed to end that conversation.  No one would win it.  So I better left it unexplained.  It’s okay, I had no rights either to keep asking what Evelyn would do about it or what’s her plan and stuff.  It’s her business though.  I was just…worrying…because that’s Evelyn.  Holy God, that’s Evelyn.

I did 2 hours photo shoots for today.  It’s for a local magazine my photographer worked at.  We did it perfectly at the park downtown, because the theme was all about nature.  Eve was being there all the time on her phone, of course tweeting.  Yeah she’s been accompanied me in every photo shoot.  Actually, she signed me to this project.  And after some debates, I agreed.  I found it really cool to be an amateur model.  I loved being in front of the camera, because I loved photography too.

“Heck yeah…”  She mumbled again.

“What?”

“It’s none of your business, girl.”

“Eve, I hate this situation.  I need to know whatever you say to Toby.”

“Whoa there’s boundary between this friendship and my friendship with him.”

“What are you trying to plan?”

“I plan nothing, but hey, you never know, because I’m smart.”

“You’re a pain.”

“Look who’s talking.”

“Are you on my side on this or nah?”

“With all your comments, it’s probably nah.”

“Eve…”

“Yeah I love you too but sorry Loaine, I don’t break promises.”

You see that?  Evelyn hided something from me, and I hate that.