Chapter 6

TOBY’S P.O.V

The radio interview was great.  We had great time talking with fans through call line.  Some of them asked us about what we would do before the show, like warm-ups and stuff, and how it was going between three clowns right here doing music with brothers, how supportive our family was, and everything else.  It’s fun.  I loved the Philippines by the way.  But the girl at school, somehow, I didn’t know why, preoccupied me.  That felt complicated.

But hey, tonight’s the main show!  We’re going to do it very loud and as epic as we could.  The crew has unloaded our stuff so we just had to prepare ourselves.

“Toby, may I ask you something?”  Riley came up to me at backstage.

“Yeah,”

“Was she beautiful?”  Then…he smirked.

“YOU’RE SO DEAD, BROTHER.”  I gave him the glare. 

“Oh dear Toby just answer me, was she?”

“Is it important?”

“No, but you can’t fool us, you’re spacing out again during the interview.”

“I…no, you fool me, because I know I didn’t!”

“Whoa you tried your best but you’re fail, bro.”

“I should’ve not answered your question from the very first time, Connor.”  I looked at Connor and he smirked too.

“It’s okay if she was, Toby.  What’s so wrong about it?”

“You tease me too much already.  That’s the thing.” I frowned.

“Awe we don’t want to tease you little bro,” Connor asked me to sit with him on the couch backstage.  “We just want to know that this pass out stuff comes up from the guilty feeling you have because you spilled your hot coffee to her, or that reason above except the fact that she’s beautiful too.”

“Whoa this is going too far already.”  I held my snapback; nervous, ladies and gentlemen…

“It’s okay even if you think she was. I’m glad you like her.  You’re 15 bro.”  Connor spoke again.

“Yeah, said the man who had already had a girlfriend at the age of 14…”  Riley smirked but this time to Connor which made them both tickling each other.

“So, the answer is…”  Riley played the fake drumroll with his shoes.

“Yes, I bet she’s beautiful.  And also not likely the other fans, you know.”

“Well, define ‘not likely the other fans’ part.”  They both gave me the look.

“Yeah I mean, if the fans met us, they would be screaming or did that fangirling stuff, you tell me.  But she’s not.  She didn’t ask me that.  In fact, I told you, she asked me to leave.”

“You got the point.  Carry on.”

“That’s the moment when I think she’s different.  I kept looking for a girl with not-so-much expression in her face during the show, probably like would just stay where she was, kept singing along but didn’t scream and stuff.  But I failed, that’s why it’s preoccupied me.”

“It’s hard to find that kind of person in between the loudest crowd ever, Tobs.”  Riley added.

“Yeah, and also she has a black bracelet on her left wrist, with her watch too.  That’s the only thing I recognize.”

“It helps none, I guess…  We never know when she will come back.”

“Oh wait, there’s still tonight’s show.  Give it a shot!  You can still look at the crowd and try, Toby.  And also, go to the Twitter and see if you can find something.  I don’t know probably you’re lucky, she might be tweeting something about that accident.  She’s probably one of your followers.”  Connor cheered me.  Yeah.

“Good idea, I’ll try.”  I smiled genuinely.

“And let us know if you already did, okay?”

I nodded and we split up to get ready.  I held my guitar with me, we gathered together and prayed, got ready behind the black curtain, then THIS WAS THE SHOW!