Chapter 24

TOBY'S P.O.V

Oh how I love to kill Ally. She'll pay the price.

"BRO!" I shouted to the entire house. They must be know something. "MY GOODNESS, WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?"

"Easy there sweetie." Mom walked slowly toward me. "They're going to Starbucks."

"I'm sorry Mom." I threw myself on the couch and started to watch I-don't-know-what with Tank.

"Something's bothering you. What is it?" She sit beside me.

"I don't know..."

We gave each other some space to think then Mom broke the silence.

"Alright. I think there's something happen between you and Loaine. Honey, you're wise enough to fix problems. So fix it. If you think she's worth the fight, then fight. We never want any of you to hurt anybody's feeling. You choose to be in this long distance relationship, so there are must be prices you both have to pay. But after all these months, I can tell you that I love thi girl. She's lovely." Mom kissed my cheek and I suddenly hugged her so tight. I don't know, that's all I need. Mom knew my problem even before I told her.

"I love her, Mom..."

"I know. I can see that. So don't lose your time and hope. Fight. There'll some days next year when you can finally see that the fight is worth."

"Yeah..." I released her. "Thanks Mom."

"You're welcome, old man." She pinched my nose.

"We're home!!!" A shout came from the front door and that's obviously Connor's.

"Of course you are, big boys." Mom rolled my eyes and I chuckled. "Okay go have some bros conversation. I need to cook."

Connor and Riley stood before me and scanned me from head to toe. "Let's have a talk upstairs, bro." Riley nodded. I followed them. They seemed like having a big heavy stuff on their shoulders because I can tell you, there were so many times when they exchanged the sigh.

"So..." Connor handed me my Starbucks. "We have something to tell you."

"And I have so many things to ask you both."

"Okay first, let's shake the tension off, because Toby, we're on your side, you and Loaine. We always are." Riley put his hand on my shoulder and I finally released a heavy sigh.

"Thanks guys. Okay I'm listening."

Connor started the speech. "First, Loaine called us."

"What?" I lifted my head.

"Right. She called us to ask about this girl who keeps sending her some terror through phone, which she and Eve are sure that thia girl's American. And right. She's Ally."

"I...figured it out directly from her earlier today... Tell me more."

"Yeah so practically Ally is the one behind this. She likes to ruin your relationship, which we lately conclude it because of the so-called unfinished business that she thinks she has with you."

"Ridiculous. I should talk to her later. She made Loaine pushes me away."

"And second," Riley joined the conversation. "We met Ally."

"Excuse me?" I widened my eyes. What else.

"She looks horrible, as you told us. But what we didn't know before is she got diagnosed by blood cancer."

"WHOA, WAIT."

"I know dude. She needs you because of that. Like literally needs you. Because she only has maximum 4 months left. Austin told us."

"And...who's this Austin guy?"

"Young model from Paris who used to date Ally."

I took a deep breath, pulled my knees against me. "Why these all have to be so complicated???"

"Easy bro..." Connor hugged me. "Now you have to make sure that Loaine knows about this. I mean we're both glad that things aren't really that complicated, you know. Loaine has biggest heart. And I'm sure she'll understand."

"But what should I do with Ally?"

"When you're ready, we can go to her house and you can see how's she doing by yourself." Riley nodded.

"I'm not ready for that... Loaine is... She pushed me away. I called her earlier today."

"Don't worry . I've talked to Evelyn so at least she can help us to convince Loaine."

"Are you okay?" Connor asked.

"I'm still not, but thank you..."

Then the rest of the conversation was filled by their motivation words that this relationship was going alright. You know that. I hope so. Really.