Chapter 10

LOAINE’S P.O.V

“You need to follow me!”  Eve pulled my hand with her whole power to drag me downstairs.  This girl, you have no idea.

“I don’t want to go, Eve!  It’s humiliating!”

“No it’s not, he doesn’t know you, I didn’t break any promises!”

“No I don’t want to go!”

“You have to!  You need to!  I don’t want to live my life with you and your regretful life!”

“I don’t regret anything!”

“Oh yes you do!  Go change yourself I’m waiting we’re going to the airport!”

“How could you know that they’re at the airport?”

“Internet, baby, the freaking internet, now go change yourself!”

I just sighed here and there but no way could I say no to Eve.  She’s done so much for me.  Yeah, we’re going to the airport.  Ask Evelyn, not me.

“Yes way my dear, let’s go!”  She dragged me again and we climbed into the taxi then drove away.  I didn’t know when the heck she called the taxi but yeah, I didn’t feel like I need to ask about it either.  Just let her.

“Hey, what did you say to him last night?”  I asked Eve.

“That’s a secret.”

“Ouch you’re a pain, baby.  Tell me!”

“No I won’t, before you tell me what’s in the letter.”

“Nothing’s inside it, only some sorry words and stuff, for being so rude to him.”

“Whoa that’s it?  You asked me to give only that?”

“What did you expect, little Eve…”  I rolled my eyes.

“Something, anything, you tell me!  You got a chance to write something to a freaking Toby McDonough and you only said sorry?”

“That’s all I need him to know!  You tell me.”

“Oh my goodness, you’re lucky I love you.”  She sighed.

“No that’s supposed to be my words…”

“We’re here!”  She cut me off.  “Let’s go!”

We walked to the crowd.  There are some people in here too but not too crowded.  We stood by first line, so yeah.  Eve said we practically could see them bright and clear.  And I was scared because of it. 

“THEY’RE HERE!”

A girl beside Eve shouted so the rest were giving their full attention to the band members and crew.  They walked toward us and made a stop.  Some of the girls asked them to take pictures meanwhile I was only standing here like a loser, didn’t know what to do.  See?  Even Eve enjoyed their moment with the idols.

“Loaine, do something!”  Eve whispered to me but that’s loud enough.

“Do what?”  I widened my eyes.

“I don’t know, you choose.  He’s here!”  She pointed.  Yeah, Toby’s here in front of me with bunch of girls.

“Hey it’s not my idea!”

“Oops!”  Eve raised her shoulders and then enjoying the moment again with Connor and Riley.

“Hey, are you that girl on the bus party last night?”  I heard Connor spoke to Eve which made me frozen.  Whoa…

“Oh yeah, you remember me?”

“Yeah we do!”  Riley hugged Eve.  Of course she’s having fun…

“Hey Loaine, can you take a picture of me and three of them, please?”  Eve handed me the camera, I just sighed, that’s all I got.

“Okay, in three, two, one…  That’s it!”  I smiled to them shyly, avoided the eye contact, and bowed my head again.  How could I not, Toby’s in front of me!

“We’ll see you all soon guys, thanks so much!”  Connor signed the other and they waved away.

“Thank you,” I felt a hand on my wrist, grabbed me tightly, and spoke too closely to my face.

“A…uh…”

“HECK YEAH!”  Eve gave me the smirk all the way back home.  “EVELYN’S SMART!”

“My goodness…”  I bowed my head.  Probably this was the end of my holy friendship with Evelyn, you never know…