Ch 8 ~ Around Town

Ch 8 ~ Around Town

—————————————————————————————-

"That was really good."

"Told'ya. This place serves the best hamburgers in our town." I tell Noah as we settle inside his car.

I had taken him to Betty's Restaurant. The place had a really good menu and they delivered really well in terms of flavour

"And I agree with that." he says while we put our seat belts on."So what do you want to do now because we still have a lot of time."

I think for a second."Have you been around the town?" Only after I ask the question that I realize that it was a silly question since he had been here for a few months now. He must have been around the town with his friends.

"Yes.... you know Dave??" I shake my head. "He is sort of like the best and only friend I have here. I haven't had a lot of time to socialize yet. With moving in and everything. But I did meet a few people at Aaron's party."

And I can't help but ask."How was the party?"

"It was fun. Aaron was a good host."

"Oh."I mutter clumsily.

"Yeah.... so I've been around the town with him Dave a few times. So where do you usually go out with your friends?"

My stomach churned and I felt a little nervous since I am not really ready to discuss my friends, which basically means Aaron; with him. "I don't really have a lot of friends." I reply. "Natalie's probably the only one I have since I'm not really a social creature."

"Yeah I sort of know that with my first experience with you." he says and I feel so embarrassed because I had been a little rude to him that day. I look at him with a devastated look on my face. And then he starts to laugh.

"What?" I ask him cause I definitely didn't get the joke.

"I was just kidding." he stops laughing." But yeah I got the hint that you weren't in a mood to talk to anybody that day."

"Right..... " I stretch the word and bite my lip.

"So which is your favourite spot in town?"

I think for a second and there's only one place that comes to my mind."Its not really in town but I'll show you. Let's go."

And then we head towards the outskirts of town.

————————————-

A/N

This was a short chapter but I'll update another one soon.

Bye

Jigyasa