21//Tall Giraffe Guy

Chapter 21: Tall Giraffe Guy

Song: Sunflower by Rex Orange County

CALUM

After the phone call, I booked our flights- Gracie, Hayley and I- earlier. We left that night.

There was no way I was about to take any chances with that man who claims to love her. What kind of father sexually abuses his daughter and takes pride in it?

So, during the entire plane ride, I was wide awake whilst Hayley was asleep through the second half of it, on my shoulder, and Gracie was asleep on Hayley's shoulder. It was quite adorable.

When we landed, it was the morning, and I called Michael to come and get us but he didn't answer so I called my other bandmate, Luke- or as I enjoy teasing him with the name- Lucifer.

All jokes, just kidding. I love Luke.

"Where's your friend? My deer are hurting."Gracie announces as we walk through the airport with our luggage.

"He's in the parking lot with security."

"Security? Why do you need se-"

"Ohmygod! Calum Hood!"a faint scream is heard behind us, making my stomach drop. "That's why we need security."Hayley sighs out.

Less than 10 seconds later, we're now being bombarded by TMZ reporters, fans and people trying to get pictures. "Calum! Where's Luke?"

"Cal! Can I get a picture?!".
"Ohmygod, Calum I love you!".
"Calum, who are the two girls with you?".
"Is one of them your girlfriend?".
"Can I get an autograph?!".
"When's the album coming out?!"
"When's the next single going to be released?"
"I love you, Calum!"
"Where's Ashton at?"
"Can we get an interview on you?"
"Can you guys tour in Spain?"
"I wanna have your babies!"
"Where's Mikey at?"
"You're my favorite bassist, Calum!"

I send small smiles to everyone and wave at the fans while continuing to move through the airport, keeping the girls close to me with Hayley under my arm and Gracie hanging onto my luggage.

We finally make it out of the crowded place and I spot the tall giraffe guy in the parking lot talking to a group of 3 fans, beside the security's van.

"Who are we looking for?"Gracie asks, looking around.

"Just follow me, okay?"

They nod along and do exactly that, following behind me like lost puppies. We make our way into the lot and reach Luke-

"Ohmygod, Calum! H-hi!"one of the girls scream. I smile and wave at the girls and let out a small, "Hey, how are you guys?"

"Good!"
"Great!"
"I love you!"

They're all looking at Luke and I in awe and it warms my heart to know I make these girls happy. "I've just been talking with these girls for a good 5 minutes."Luke states.

"Who are these girls? Are they your friends?"one of them asks while looking at Gracie and Hayley with a large smile.

"Yeah, this is my best friend and her friend, Hayley and Gracie."I announce. "Nice to meet you!"Gracie waves. Hayley gives a small head nod and yawns.

"Guys, we're all pretty tired since we just got off the plane, I'm sorry-"

"No, no! It's okay, go home! Get some sleep!"they insist. I smile and their politeness and nod. "Thank you so much, you guys are amazing."