30//You're My World

Chapter 30: You're My World

Song: Bring It Back To Me by Martin Luke Brown

CALUM

Ashton and I snap our heads to see Michael, stuffing his gun back in his pocket. "What? He talked a lot of shit and I wanted him to shut up."he excuses.

I ignore his words and rush over to a slightly unconscious Hayley, lying on the ground. "Hayes? Hayley, please wake up."I say, tapping her cheeks slightly.

She murmurs our a small, "Cal...?"

"Yes, I'm here, I'll be your friend."I sigh of relief and lift her up into my arms, squeezing her slightly, holding her close.

HAYLEY

Have you ever had a feeling like you're incomplete? As if you're missing a piece of yourself, you just don't know what? Well, that's how I've been for a good percentage of my life.

But, right now, as Calum holds me close to him as if I'm a fragile porcelain doll, I know the piece I was once missing. Calum is the piece.

He's been my missing piece from the moment I threw that pink princess pencil at his face, and all the way up until now. Calum. It's always been Calum. My missing piece, my other half, the only one who will truly care about me and never stop.

Even when I've tugged around with his heart a lot, he's still here and he doesn't plan on leaving. I don't know why, but he doesn't. He cares for me more than anyone else in this world, he's stuck with me through a lot, and even after I've broken his heart, he's still here.

For those reasons, I'm even more scared to admit, but I think I love Calum.

CALUM

I slowly and carefully pull Hayley up with me and lift her into my arms; her legs are wrapped tightly around my waist and my arms are supporting her legs to stay up.

"Ash, grab my gun."I say, seeing it lay on the ground. He nods and lifts it off of the ground, jamming it into his pocket. "Let's get out of here."he says softly. I nod along.

Walking carefully through the broken house, we step over the glass and I see the spots of blood again, reminding me of Hayley's arm.

"Hayes, where did he hurt you at?"I whisper softly in her ear. She replies with a soft breath followed by a groan. My heart pains at her answer, knowing how badly he must've hurt her. Her arms are covered by the sleeve of her nightgown.

"You're bleeding, how bad is it?"I rephrase the question. She tucks her head in my neck and I can feel a wetness form on my skin. A small and quite sob is heard from the girl in my arms.

She's crying.

I decide to take her crying as a silent plea to know that now isn't a good time to ask. I understand and press a light kiss against the side of her head.

"Let's go home."

»|•|«

Michael opens the door for us and Ashton steps aside, allowing me to carry Hayley into the house.

She's more conscious than before but she's in more pain. She rests in my arms, bridal style, with her head tucked into my shoulder.

"Hayley!"Gracie exclaims and stands from the couch with tears in her eyes. I hold a finger to my mouth. She nods softly and backs up into Luke's embrace. "Is she okay?"she asks quietly.

"She's hurt, but she's here now."I answer with a short nod.

I carry Hayley up the long staircase and up to my room before swinging the door open and walking her carefully to my bed and setting her down gently. She winces slightly and digs her nails into my shoulder, making me wince as well.

"Sorry,"she whispers and lets go of me, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, it's fine,"I sigh out and kneel in front of her, between her legs, "can you show me where you were cut at?"

She nods and lifts her sleeve up, wincing and whimpering at the feeling. A fairly large cut is shown, about 3 inches long.

"Oh, Hayes,"I mumble, "I'm gonna make it better."

She shakes her head and pulls her sleeve back down and places her hands at either side of my face so that my attention is on her.

"Calum, you saved my life. Even after I pushed you away and broke your heart, you came after me. You still care about me even after what happened."Hayley declares with tears in her eyes and a small smile on her lips.

"That's what best friends are for, Hayes. You're everything to me, you know?"I admit to the girl who is currently making my heart beat out of my chest.

Hayley takes my hand into hers and leans her forehead against my own. I use my free hand to rub her cheek softly with a smile on my own face. "Oh Calum,"

A small giggle slips from her lips before she says three words I would never expect her to say, and they make my heart do backflips.

"You're my world."

»»»»»»»«««««««

AWWWWHH

THATS SO CUUUUUWWTEE

I LOVE HAYLEY AND CALUM

THATS SO SWEET

ok go to the next chapter lol

-Jenna💕