Chapter 2

Chapter 2 Jaymes' view

    I've been listening to Caprice struggle to learn to fight for 3 hours now and I finally decide to go down and tell them we need to sleep " okay" Caprice says sounding very weary.

     Caprice goes to sleep and I find myself walking out onto the balcony to see Shaylyn" Hey" I say " Hi" she replies we small talk for a while and then I ask her something personal " Is any of your family alive" I ask and she goes silent for a minuet " My father died at sea 12 years ago, and my mother was taken by the disease and I have a sister Adalaeite  she's alive" Shaylyn answers me " Where is Adalaeite" I ask " I ran from her she forced me to kill the zombies so yeah I ran, she's probably dead now 'cause she can't fight for her life, literally" Shaylyn yet again answers " I understand, Caprice isn't my only sister" I blurt out " What?" She asks " 4 years after Caprice was born my mom had another kid who died a year later" I tell her " life is so un-fair" she tells me. We both end up crying and her head is on my shoulder " I know" I whisper.

        We ended up falling asleep out there and woke up when the sun shone in our eyes. I got up to wake up Caprice " Pri, GET UP " I yell and she springs out of bed " Did you" she says and makes her hands kiss " NO" I scream and she walks away.

    We all had cereal for breakfast and Shaylyn's face looked sad " what's wrong" I asked " nothing I'm full" she said and went to put her bowl in the sink and tried turning on the faucet only to see green slime come out and she turned it off and ran.

    " I'm gonna go get Shaylyn it's time for the best part of the day!" Caprice says and runs up the stairs. They both come down five minuets later " Alright , Let's go!!!" Caprice says and we all run out the door. " Were are we going!!!" Shaylyn asks me 5 minuets later while we're running " The store it's always fun to look at the crap people have on then when they dropped dead also to see what food is left!!" I answer and her face lights up and she runs faster than ever before even faster than Caprice!

     When we got to the store like every week one new person is dropped dead on the ground " Alright we'll split up remember be back from our looting quest in 10" I say and we all run. I find an old man on the ground with 3 gold chains and a gold watch he looks like a pimp but I grab his stuff and run quickly 'cause his face is greening which means he's mid-zombification. I also see a duffle bag so I grab that and also 15 things of trail mix, Tic tacs, taco shells, water bottles, band-aids,     hydrogen peroxide, etc. etc. etc.

    10 minuets later we're all at the front of the store Caprice looking like she just ran into a zombie " What's wrong?" I ask and she sways side to side back and forth, she almost falls but Shaylyn catches her  "peroxide on my ankle now" she stutters and  pull out the peroxide and find a gap in her ankle. I pretty much dump the entire bottle on her ankle and she lights up again " Thanks" she tells me " no probe sis" I say " okay we all should have the peroxide at least one bottle on hand at a time 'cause if you get bit peroxide is the only cure that's why I'm better" Caprice says, and we dump our things in my bag and we walk home.