Chapter 17

Laura's POV
I finally decided on what I'm going to wear for the party. It's a short black dress that cuts off at my mid thighs. It has a cut out back with lace and a gold belt around the waist.

 It has a cut out back with lace and a gold belt around the waist

I grabbed the dress and then I changed into it. I looked at myself in the mirror and I actually don't look too bad. I then walked over to my vanity and began to apply some makeup as well. I put on some foundation, I concealed my under eyes and a few other parts of my face as well. I took my brow pencil and I used it to fill in my eyebrows, then I concealed underneath them using my concealer again. I then set my foundation and concealer in place with a translucent powder. I put on a dark burgundy colored, matte lipstick. My eyeshadow consisted of a brown crease with a gold base and some eyeliner along the lash line. I then quickly applied some false lashes then I used mascara over them to blend my real lashes with the fake ones. Then last but not least I added highlight to my face.

I then looked in the mirror again to make sure my makeup looked good

I then looked in the mirror again to make sure my makeup looked good. As I looked in the mirror I became shocked. I never do full glam makeup looks and for doing one after not doing one for a long time. I'm surprised it actually looks good. I checked the time and the time read 7:56 so that means people are going to start arriving any minute.

I walked downstairs and I notice everything my brother had set up for the party. He had a bar filled with many different types of alcohol, he had the speaker system hooked up and he even installed some of those party lights that flash different colors. There were also tables covered in many different snack options and sodas and water.

People then began to start coming inside. Josh turned on the party lights and started blasting music as well. A lot of the people just went straight to the alcohol which doesn't really surprise me. I on the other hand, don't intend on drinking cuz once I start drinking, one drink usually leads to  another, and I don't want to get drunk tonight. I'm not a good drunk, I get emotional easily when I'm drunk and I also tend to say things I didn't want to, such as secrets. I don't want to risk that cuz I don't want the boys to find out about Aaron. They don't need to know. Tonight I'm just going to put my happy face on and try and have fun and forget about what happened at that party with Aaron.