1 : just a few cracks

Based in Season 4

The woman in front of Daryl isn't the one he remembers being in love with. Her eyes, one that used to shine bright have lost their color, becoming dull. The two having a great relationship in the prison is now on thin ice.

Being with the Claimers changed her. She's gone blank with emotion as she learned to shut everything down after all they did to her. And when Daryl met the group, he wanted to rip Joe's throat out. Luckily he kept himself calm until Rick did it for him.

The morning after she was still up against a tree, staring at nothingness as the brothers talk. Daryl glances at her every few moments until Rick notices.

"What happened to her?" he asks, gaining Daryl's attention.

"She got claimed by Joe. He did one too many things to her. I-I think she's lost herself..." Daryl slowly trails off, his eyesight becoming blurry for a moment. He gets a hold of himself, taking deep breaths to make the salty tears disappear.

"She probably just needs some help," Rick argues. He watches as Daryl's shoulders tense before slouching, a sigh escaping pass his lips. "Try to help her." Daryl's hands become sweaty, his nerves getting to him before taking a deep breath. Without another word he stands up, walking over to the broken girl. He sits beside her, keeping a few inches between them. They sit in silence as Rick talks to Michonne and Carl.

The silence is tense between the two until Daryl mumbles a small 'sorry'. It makes the broken woman turn her head to him, no emotion on her face. She only scoots closer until their legs touch. She slowly grasps his hand, Daryl becoming shocked she's okay with his touch.

"I'm not broken yet Dixon," she mumbles, brushing her thumb over his hand. "I just got a few cracks that need fixing is all."

"You can't do this on your own though," he responds. "You helped me get over Merle. Let me help you get over this sunshine. Please." It stays silent for a while, the redneck thinking she wouldn't speak before one word escapes her lips just above a whisper.

"Okay."