13 : growing up (pt.2)

Silence, tension, and embarrassment. The first words to come to (Y/N)'s mind at the situation she's in right now.

"Can we just--Can we please just get this run over with?" (Y/N) sighs, tears beginning to form out of embarrassment. She turns her head towards the window, giving a shaky exhale.

"Hey, sunshine-"

"I ain't a damn child," (Y/N) snaps. She wipes her eyes quickly, turning in her seat towards the older male. " Don't call me by baby names."

"We need to talk about-"

"Just forget it, okay?!" she screams. Daryl gnaws at the inside of his mouth, patience running thin as he wants to talk. "Yes, I have feelings for you, but you don't have any for me! We get it! I don't need you rubbing it all up in my face-" (Y/N)'s rambling is cut off by Daryl. His lips, to be more precise. She can only freeze, his lips against her own.

An eternity passes before (Y/N) begins to move her lips against his, a burning sensation growing beneath her ribcage. Before she can fully comprehend the feeling, though, Daryl pulls away, but allows their foreheads to touch. "I know we haven't looked eye-to-eye much, but I fell for you so long ago. When we drank moonshine, it took everything n' me not to fuck you when you asked."

"Will you answer my request now?" (Y/N) wonders, her lips ghosting over his for a moment.

"Are you sure? I'm not so good at this." His voice lowers, as if someone else would hear. (Y/N) can only respond with a quiet whine, her mind fuzzy from how his voice rings in her ears.

"I've never done this either. But I'd like to try," she mumbles, placing his lips against his once more.