4 : mess

Based in Hershel's Farm

It was stupid. The argument was dumb. They both hated each other, everyone on the farm knew. Both hard-headed and stubborn, and both fantastic hunters. They needed to help deal with each other every other day and it got to them. Just today it tipped over the side.

Both yelling their heads off at each other, words escape Daryl's mouth, him not knowing what he said himself. It made the woman go silent, her eyes wide, mouth ajar. She snaps her mouth, her jaw clenching before she pushes past the redneck, a very confused one.

Once night falls, he tries to remember what escaped his chap lips. It takes him what felt like an eternity but soon he remembered. "How about you leave then!? No one would give a shit if you disappeared! You'd be following in your mama's footsteps!"

He sits up in his bed, knowing he messed by bringing her mother up. The huntress lost her mother who stayed at the C.D.C. She didn't shed a tear. Moving quickly, he gets out of his tent, his crossbow around him before walking over to her tent. The two we're also distant, explaining why both of their tents we're far away from the others.

Stopping in front of her tent, he heard small noises escaping tent; Sniffles. Daryl slowly moves the zipper for the tent, opening up a small opening to look. What he sees snaps his heart into two: Tears. Tears cascading down her face like a waterfall as she holds a photo of her lost mother. After a few moments she calms her breathing, wiping her tears away, yet they continue to respawn. Slowly, Daryl walks away from the tent, pretending he wasn't there before calling out.

"Hey, you still up?" he questions, being a few feet away from the tent. He hears much shuffling, a small sniffle before she comes outside, standing in front of the Daryl,

"What?" she snaps, her voice cracking slightly, though she covers it up with a cough.

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said. I'm sorry I brought up your ma," he apologized. Though she doesn't try to show it, you can see the surprise in her eyes, not thinking the hunter would give remorse. She averts her eyes from him, mumbling that it's fine. "No, it's not. I don't want you disappearin'. I-I can't lose anyone else," he mumbles the last sentence, feeling his face grow red with embarrassment.

She takes a step towards him before repeating, "It's fine." The words roll off her tongue softly, unlike last time, when her words had a rougher edge to them. "I ain't going nowhere." She takes another step to him, gauging his reaction before standing on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek. His mouth slightly ajar now, cheeks a dark rose color, she moves away. "Goodnight Dixon." She goes back into her tent, allowing sleep to take over. Daryl stands outside her tent for a few more moments before walking back to his tent, the blush still visible on his cheeks.