(Part I) Prologue

---

Music: Ghostly Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy

He has no idea if he can pull it off.

He's never attempted something so crazy.

But he's willing to take his chances.

It's currently 3 'o clock in the morning, so the night is still dark, the moon is shining down like a beacon, the lights are turned off all around the neighborhood, and the area is quiet as the residents of the houses are enjoying a good night's sleep.

And in the midst of it all, a man hides in the bushes behind a particular house. He is alone, with no weapons, no tools, and no way to communicate with anyone. Just a completely black outfit, a ski mask, and gloves.

The man leaves his hiding place and sneaks to the side of the house silently. There are small slits in the wall that jut out slightly, and he uses them to climb up to a window, which is unlocked. He pushes it open carefully.

When entering a house through a window, you run the risk factor of landing in the wrong room. In this instance, the man is lucky and actually makes it inside the living room, where not a single being is present. He slowly closes the window, being careful to not let it make a sound.

Next, what is probably the most difficult step of the whole process: Finding the correct room. The man walks up the stairs into a narrow hallway, thankful for the carpet that is capable of muffling his steps. There are five rooms in this hallway, two on one side and three on the other. One of the doors is open, but it's only a bathroom. That leaves 4 chances to succeed, or be caught. Failure will result in definite punishment.

He decides that his best bet is to quietly peek inside each of the bedrooms to see which one is the one he wants. The first room is a guest room, and no one is present in there, so he ignores it. He guesses correctly on the second try.

Inside the room is a red, velvet carpet with a yellow ring on the inside of it. Off in a corner is a box full of toys and dolls, and on the other side is a closet with barely any clothes in it. But the object the man has his sights on is a crib, resting adjacent to the door.

And inside the crib is a small, one year old girl by the name of Alexys Barnes. And let me tell you, she is one heavy sleeper, as most babies are. She snoozes softly with her arms and legs sticking out like sore thumbs. She wears a small, pink blouse that's kind of covered in spit and drool. Above her is a small mobile attached to the crib, with various shapes and animal figurines slowly orbiting around it.

The man reaches inside the crib and gently picks up Alexys, making sure to not wake her up. Just in case, he also grabs her pacifier in case he needs to silence her. Luckily, he doesn't end up needing it at all. She stays asleep, her body expanding and contracting with every breath she takes. The man can't help but smile. He has succeeded.

Still making sure he isn't caught, he stealthily makes his way back to his car, exiting his house the same way he entered. His car is parked a couple of blocks away, and in the backseat is a baby seat. He sets the baby inside. Right before he shuts the car door, she wakes up and begins to cry softly, squirming about. He smiles to himself.

"Ah, yes," he whispers, staring at Alexys. "You'll be perfect, won't you?" With a satisfied grin on his face, he shuts Alexys' car door, makes his way into the driver seat, starts the car up, and drives away. No one suspects a thing.

Already some pretty good writing in here. We're in for a long one here, folks, but it's gonna be a fun ride. :D