Chapter XI (TRIGGER WARNING)

SKYLAR

Music: Fire Tripper from Salamander 2

Remember how we've constantly been saying that we're not going to intervene and try and stop these kidnappings from ever happening again?

Well, that was all before Avery's older sister became one of the victims herself. And now she feels the need to drag all of us into the action.

It's a fairly decent Friday afternoon. The sun has just started to set, giving off a beautiful orange in the sky. And what better way to spend a pleasant Friday afternoon by preparing for yet another rescue mission?

All ten of our group members are currently gathered on Avery's front lawn. We all told our parents we were going on a "weekend trip", which is our secret code for when we need a weekend to go flying around. We used that excuse when making our trip around the world, and now we're using it again to prepare to rescue Brielle.

Avery feels the need to relay instructions to us, even though we've done this several times before. "Alright, you guys. We've got a tough target to go against here. Based on what I've heard, this trafficking group can be found all over the globe."

"Great. Another freaking goose chase," Mia sighs. "Also, sorry, Avery, but you really don't need to give us this long, prepared speech."

"Hey! I will stop at nothing until my sister is home safe," Avery barks, clearly agitated by Mia's rude remark.

"Well, why do you need all of us?" Shanna asks.

"Because, Shanna, I can't do this alone. I need help from all of you," Avery answers. She then goes back to explaining her plan to us. "My idea is that we travel to the different locations that we know of, like we usually do, until we find Brielle. Then we rescue her, take her home, done. Sound good?"

"I hate it," Mia scowls.

"It's shit," Sam, Heath, and Luke say at once.

Avery throws her hands up in frustration. "Well, I'm sorry, but we really don't have any better options here."

"It would help if we knew where all of their locations were," I mutter.

As if by cue, a familiar voice then calls out, "Would you like some help, then?"

"Dr. Scientist?" Heath asks. We all turn our attention to the hovercraft, which has a video call pulled up. Our old friend Dr. Scientist is on the other end, swirling around in his chair with a pen in his hand.

"Hey there, kids! I caught you at the perfect time, didn't I?" he tells us, smiling.

"Um, who's this?" Avery asks. She's never met Dr. Scientist before.

"We'll explain later," I tell her.

"Yo. We were just about to head out on a rescue mission, actually. What's with the call?" Sam asks Dr. Scientist.

"Well, then you're in luck! While doing some research on this trafficking group, I happened to get in touch with one of my old colleagues, who knew a guy who spied on the company for the FBI!" Dr. Scientist explains.

"Hold on. 'Knew'?" Luke asks.

"... He's not really around with us anymore. But, I was able to retrieve a copy of the map that shows all of the locations that the trafficking center have established themselves at. I already sent Sam an email of the map so you can use it on your search," Dr. Scientist says.

Several people begin nodding in pleasure, and Mia sarcastically exclaims, "Well, what a freaking coincidence!"

Dr. Scientist doesn't regard Mia's reply. Instead, he goes on to ask, "Are you kids going after that Alexys Barnes girl?"