Chapter I (TRIGGER WARNING)

TEN YEARS LATER...

SAM

Music: Oh! Japanism! from Parodius Da! PSP

Y'know how after each birthday you have, you're supposed to feel a little bit older every time? Well, two days have passed since my 14th birthday, and let's just say it feels no different than when I was 13.

Geez, aging is slower than you'd think.

Anyways, as I said two sentences ago, I have been 14 for a total of 2 days (well, technically 1 day, 20 hours, and 11 minutes, but who's counting). I held a small little "party" on the night of my birthday (basically I just invited a bunch of my friends over to this park we hang out at sometimes and we chilled there for about 2 hours. Fun times), and I'm looking through the pictures and videos my friends have sent me from said party on my computer.

Ah, my friends. Just looking at these photos reminds me of the fun times I get to have with them almost daily.

-

If you are unsure of who my friends are, let me give you the quick rundown:

1. Elle, my girlfriend. Sweet girl but kind of sensitive and has trouble handling her emotions sometimes.

2 and 3. Sean and Shanna, lovable twin brother and sister.

4. Mia, who can be... intense every now and then but is a generally fun person to be around.

5. Mackenzie, Mia's sister, once an illuminati member (don't ask, please) and now your everyday teenage girl.

6. Heath, chill dude who shares a lot in common with me (and we pick on each other sometimes).

7. Luke, comic relief with the prosthetic arm and leg (not to mention a powerful rock).

8. Skylar, sweet, actually somewhat mature, and relatively intelligent.

9. Avery, super talented with an incredible personality.

Alright, I think that's good enough. Back to the story.

-

I decide to do a quick Google search for an article from a while back when all ten of us successfully took down some crazy Argentinian general who wanted to blow up one of the Galapagos islands (where half of us also happened to be stranded on for a couple of days, those were also fun times). I don't want to read the article, I just want to stare at the group photo of all of us standing proudly. Photos like this one always bring a smile to my face.

But then, off to the side of the page, I spot a headline that reads, "10 Years Later, the Mystery of Alexys Barnes Remains Unanswered". This sparks my interest, so I click on the article and begin reading.

It's a pretty lengthy article, so let me give you the short and sweet version: Basically, ten years ago, some girl named Alexys Barnes was presumably kidnapped from her home in the middle of the night, and no one knows where she is even after all this time. The end.

If you've read any of our other stories, you'll know that I am very familiar with kidnappings. I've helped rescue a few people from captivity myself (with the help of my other friends, of course). So the first thing I do is call out for my HoverBoard-8500, a hovercraft with artificial intelligence (and a mind of its own, with feelings and everything) to see if it's able to help me out.

Once it arrives, it settles down next to me, and I tell it, "This article says that this little girl went missing ten years ago, presumably kidnapped, and still hasn't been seen of to this day... do you know anything about this?"

The hovercraft shakes its "head" no. I then scroll up to show it a photo of Alexys before she went missing, and I let the hovercraft scan it so that Alexys' face is permanently burned into its memory. I then activate the hovercraft's human GPS (which, under certain restrictions, can be used to track down anybody anywhere at anytime) and search Alexys Barnes. As I expect, the result comes up bone-dry.