Rules: Coming Out

Author's Note: Welcome back! Just so you know, the songs are just sort of themes I guess? I thought this fit well.  Alright, enjoy.

"We are now calling first class passengers for Flight 2013 to Honolulu. Repeat, first-class passengers for flight 2013, we are calling you now."

A rush of people, as usual. Although not as many as the call for Economy; that would bring what is known as a silent uproar in the airport. Feet, still, softly pummeled the carpet as people lined up to get through the terminal.

Kim Taehyung sighed, working so hard to ignore the world. He couldn't hear over the rigid beat of his "rotten, edgy, and godless" rock music, but he could feel the weight loosen on the seat next to him as someone got up, and he could see their flip-flops flap away towards the attendants. A finger tapped his shoulder, and as badly as he wanted to ignore it, Taehyung looked up through the blinds of his black hair and up at the smiling lady. "First class?" she posed, pointing to Taehyung's ticket. It did, indeed, said first-class. The passenger scratched his head, unaware that they were already calling his group.

Park Jimin tripped on the carpet and stumbled out of the bathroom, regaining his footing back before jogging back over to the terminal lounge. He sighed as he sat down, grabbing his carry-on from his fellow Flight 2-0-1-3 neighbor and breathing out a "thanks." Immediately after, he pulled out his phone and made a note to stop trusting strangers with his possessions once he got to Hawaii.

Kim Namjoon's body tensed as Yoongi's skinny-jean-covered knee cap poked the hairs atop his thigh, instinctively inching his leg away. He wanted to move all the way away—a whole seat away, possibly even a whole plane away—but he knew the impression that would leave...not that it mattered to either of them anyway.

Min Yoongi felt the hairs of Namjoon's thigh slip out of his own covered knee's stronghold, feeling a sense of satisfaction there. The game 2048 was taking years off his life. The greatest tile he had ever gotten was 128. He had also downloaded Color Switch, Fun Run, even a throwback to Candy Crush to get him through this flight. Now that Namjoon had touched him, it left a sour taste in his mouth. Yoongi switched over to Candy Crush.

"Tasty!"

Jeon Jeongguk laughed heartedly with his other classmates, even though he was the one that had told the joke. He could tell they were being obnoxious, but in a place like this what mattered more: Having friends or having silence? He wanted silence but needed friends...so he had friends. He watched two of his friends leave for first class: He wanted to be able to do that someday. That's why he was here—they laughed again—that's why he stayed.

Kim Seokjin and his ten other coworkers stared at their Blackberries, fat and worn thumbs swiping vigorously over the screen. They weren't dressed like lawyers, but with the constant phone calls and automated barks of laughter, they acted like it. Jin didn't, Jin did, Jin played both sides often. At least he wasn't sitting with them on the airplane.

Jung Hoseok stretched his legs out wide, yawning. He checked his ticket again before checking the time. Waiting was never his strong suit. He pulled out his brochure again: Fun in Honolulu! Restaurants, attractions, and more! He read.

Economy was called and they were seated on the plane.

"Joon! Yoongi!"

Namjoon and Yoongi looked up at the woman waving to them from a few seats up. They waved back. Namjoon wished he could have sat with his sister, but their mom and aunt insisted she sit with them and give "the boys time to hang." However, Namjoon and Yoongi were the only boys really in the family under the age of back problems and knee aches. Yoongi, being Namjoon's sister's husband, was new to the lack of men. Namjoon turned to look at Yoongi, and Yoongi didn't look back but simply returned to his phone games. His attention redirected to the window: Being a man in this family doesn't mean anything.