Dude, this is Hardly a Party!

Author's Note: ...No, I don't have anything to say this time...alright. Enjoy.

"What day is it?"

The usual question was "what time is it" or "what year is it again?" as if they didn't know. For those first few days they had gotten very used to relying on the sun's position and the earth's rotation for guidance in that department; when to wake up, when to work, when to walk, when to meet back. Without that system, they truly would be lost. Sometimes Kookie didn't realize how much he appreciated that; the others knew it a little better. Usually, being the watch carrier since Jin's watch was shattered in the fall, he sometimes would mess with them or wouldn't answer at all. Although he knew in which situations what was appropriate. At times, that strong grip of reality satiable by the concept of time was all they had...in times like that, Kookie would give it to them. But also, in times like these, when Joon asked anything, he would give it to him.

"It's ten in the morning," he answered, Joon nodding. They sat in a circle around the fire, having abandoned the shore and moved their main camp to the top of the hill, a hill they were officially naming "Fire Hill" because it was so hot all they wanted to do was stop, drop, and roll off the edge into the pool below. Still, they walked back to their special tree to sleep, unable to find a suiting tree yet for all of them and the house was not finished yet. But today, that didn't matter. Today was their exploring day where one of them was lucky enough to pick which direction they wanted to venture towards. Namjoon was the lucky one.

Tae watched closely as Namjoon gnawed on the fish bones, the tall man getting used to the taste. Joon never really ate fish before the crash, but he had grown accustomed to it now. "Have you thought of an idea yet, Joonie?" Hobi asking because he always asked, sparing Tae the communication.

Namjoon nodded slowly, panning over the audience with his eyes. He didn't quite want to say, afraid of the backlash despite his own excitement for it. He cleared his throat. "I don't want you guys to think it's stupid."

"I don't think picking a direction could be stupid," Tae responded. "Just...point."

Namjoon swallowed the rest of his fish and licked the oil off his lips, pointing straight ahead. The six of them stared off the cliff and then past it, seeing the forest beyond. "Okay, that's not bad," Hoseok said.

"No...not the forest," Yoongi spoke up, squinting as he lined up Joon's finger with wherever he was planning to go. "...That's the ocean." His head whipped back to Namjoon. "You want to go explore the ocean?"

Jimin turned to him next, saying, "What?"

Now they were all talking over each other, streams of conversation crossing but mostly directed at Joon. "I know, I know it's dumb!" They quieted down, self-deprecation now a silencer. "But hear me out." Jin, if anyone, knew the benefits of hearing him out. Joon sighed, biting his nail. "This island can't just be all we look for. We're going to have to look outside it eventually. This is our opportunity to look for ships or maybe scattered plane parts...loved ones." Namjoon choked a bit, wishing he hadn't even mentioned it. "And fish! Sea creatures! We could get more food."

"Or become food," Jimin criticized, but Joon ignored him.

"Don't you wanna know what's out there?" he asked, gaging the audience. Jimin glanced at Yoongi and shrugged, Yoongi scratching his neck. They did, they did want to know. The six of them nodded, putting a grin on Joon's worried face. "Okay then...let's build a boat!"

Easier said than done.

Wood was already a substance out of the question, seeing as they didn't know how to utilize it. In consideration for the vast and almost infinite-supply of trees available, simply cutting down a tree was nearly impossible, they couldn't even imagine trying to split it. Instead, they went with the one other floating device they knew of: The wing.