Rules: Was it life, I saw?

Everything on this island was burning hot; the trees, the sand, the dirt, the berries, even the water was tempered.

But this gun was cold in Kookie's hands. It was possibly because of the air regulation in the suitcase he had taken it out of, but Kookie chose to believe that a weapon this dangerous could never run a single degree higher than this.

Cold.

But he was hot, always running hot.

Kookie wasn't sure if it was a compliment or a burden.

"Kookie!"

Kookie hid the gun in his bag and looked up Fire Hill where Yoongi was shouting down from.

A Compliment.

"Ship! Ship! Ship!"

Namjoon almost tripped in his frantic rush for the others, Tae helping him up as they came upon Fire Hill. "There's a ship!" Tae reiterated to the bunch sitting in a semi-circle on the blankets littered over the ground.

"Where?" Hobi piped up first, half-standing by then.

"Here!"

"Here where!?"

"Here there."

Hobi understood it now, his jaw dropping at the beast of a ship before him, and then even more at the one behind it and the one behind that one.

That's how he saw them.

Kookie saw them for what they actually were: Three paddle boats with three fresh-looking men and women coming out of them, creeping up on their shore. Namjoon had wished the others had had more time to appreciate their discovery of the opposite end of the island, but he could understand considering the larger-than-island circumstances of the new humans standing on their land.

Jimin didn't know how sick he was of seeing those same six faces every day until he laid eyes on a new one, stricken by the tallest and front-centered man's utter normality; the way his white chocolate hands caressed his white chocolate skin, glancing over his surprisingly blue eyes—Jimin confident it wasn't just the lighting—and made its way through his thick white hair.

Despite the freshness of his stature, he wore dirt-stained and worn brown boots with tattered and torn pink shorts up to the knee and a long and wrinkled grey, long-sleeved shirt.

Hobi thought his wide-brimmed smile wasn't half as bad either, nor was the way he completely out-showed the man and woman stood next to him with his smooth voice holding words that rolled off his tongue like chocolate fondue, so much that his first words took much more than a moment to resonate with the others. "Hello everyone. Where's Yoongi?"

Ten seconds.

Nine seconds.

Eight seconds.

Seven seconds.

Six seconds.

Five.

Four.

Three

Two.

"Wait," they muttered more or less at the same time, turning to Yoongi as he stepped up, a much different look staining his face, one that showed more than it told. "Wait, Yoongi, you know the boat guy?" Hobi leaned in to whisper as if everyone in the vicinity couldn't hear him.

Yoongi folded his arms and sucked his cheeks inward, not wanting to say if he did or didn't, but that alone said enough.

"So, as you requested," the new man went on as if everyone there was an old friend. "I came back with more boats, enough for you and your friends."