Rules: Sugamon pt.2

It was a very clear mornin—

"We need to talk," Jimin announced, and everyone else listened, not knowing what else would be on their plate this early in the morning when they weren't on their own island.

Circumstances had led them all back to Jay's island because, as much as they hated the people that had hurt JK, they would hate themselves more if they allowed them to simply rot and die. It was a hard task to ask of themselves, but each and every one of them knew it would be beneficial in the long run to have friends rather than enemies.

Now they were sitting on benches along what used to be seen as the only part of the island. Now it had transformed—thanks to Ruby—itself into a small village, huts with stoves and bathrooms and beds pre-installed littering the thick grass of the field, skinny trees thrust up around them, but only enough to give a sense of separation, not nearly enough to cut it off from the rest of the island, the hills and castle and ocean still visible from where they were.

They, the five of them, were in the center of the village where a large, wooden structure held a humid meeting area with a stage that Jimin stood proudly on. Ruby was sat next to him, a searing white chain wrapped around her neck and links dangling down to hook the end of her tail as well. She could still float, but that was about all she could manage to do without Jimin or one of the other's permission.

All of this, in Jimin's opinion, was beside the point, wanting to have told the others this long before now, but the man was a stickler for good timing. However, even with all their attention, he didn't know what to say. He had prepared a speech and everything, rehearsed it, but nothing compared to the actual moment where the words would have to leave his mouth and become common knowledge, eventually morph into a burden on his friends; his family.

"You can tell us, Jimin." It was Jin talking now, and the thought of Jin's state of mind after he told them made it that much harder. Jimin shook his head harshly. "No, no, I can't." He fidgeted in place and looked down at Ruby for help, who had expected this and was scooting herself over to the middle of the stage. "You remember my speech, right?" Jimin whispered assuming everyone else couldn't still hear.

Ruby waved him off with a harsh hand in the air, signaling she did. JK pointed. "Why is she here?"

"Because I'm the one who told him, numbnut," she snapped back, rolling her eyes before starting. "Look, this isn't part of Jimin's big little speech but it needs to be said by me. Yes, I told him this information, and no, it's not a lie." She snorted. "Your island told me itself and I don't like when it comes to translating that sort of stuff...but believe it or not, the last thing I want is for your island to be ruined."

Now it was all anticipation.

Yoongi listened closely to everything Jimin had to say, hanging on to each and every word. But, in the long run, it didn't matter how many words he had heard or in what order, because only one phrase in the flowery cover-up really mattered, and that was: "Namjoon and Taehyung are poison to each other." Those words played over and over again in his mind, shifting to see if they might make sense another way. It made him angry that it didn't, that the only possible way for these words to work was in that order, and he found that disturbingly symbolic.

It was clear whatever Jimin had been told was unclear in and of itself, seeing as Ruby didn't know how to answer any of their questions other than through metaphor. Yoongi's hand went up finally, speaking for the first time, but not out of confusion like the others. "So..." His heart was beating fast and he wondered when that had started. "Do they know?"

Jimin sighed and shook his head. Namjoon and Tae had gone out to see the villagers, or rather Jimin had asked/forced them to so this conversation could be had. "Look, I know they should, but from what I've heard, any change in their behavior now could lead to a bigger catastrophe."