Rules: Sugamon pt.1

Another hit and Yoongi was down for the count, falling back into the sand just as the tide came in wishing for him to cry without the liquid's help, expecting to be met with salt water already staining the young man's face. But Yoongi didn't cry...because he wasn't sad.

In fact, this was the happiest he had ever been.

Because every time Namjoon's fist connected with Yoongi's stomach, chest, face, he was proving to Yoongi just how much he didn't hate him. They both knew this much feeling from Namjoon could never stem from something so dark.

But eventually the proof stopped, Namjoon's hands getting shakier and shakier the more he went, too unbalanced to hit straight, missing Yoongi by a long shot. Namjoon collapsed then, holding his head as he ripped into his hair and screamed.

If it weren't for that scream, they may have never found them.

"Namjoon!" Jimin's voice rang out across the shore. Their fight stopped mattering once their other friends diluted back into their world, pulling them out of their own problems and back to the situation at hand, a situation they knew nothing about until they saw and heard JK thump to the ground in a heaping pile of death.

"Oh my God," Yoongi said, him and Namjoon running to meet the others as they came down the coast. Jimin helped JK stand again, the two friends looking in horror at the beaten shell of a man JK appeared to be, bruises and cuts and scars forming not only on his swollen face but on his body too. Hobi helped Jimin get JK onto his back, Hobi telling the others, "We have to go now."

"Go where?" Yoongi protested, still trying to process everything when nothing had been given to process. Namjoon, with all his suspicions, didn't need to process much. "We're on an island without a boat."

"Then we have to keep moving!" Hobi shouted back, hearing the ruckus behind him and pushing the others forward. Without question, Namjoon and Yoongi ran with them, struggling to keep upright as the sand trying to bury them with every step they took.

They kept running, kept running until the noise faded, until their breaths were all they could hear, until JK's moans of agony got too loud, until Jimin's feet couldn't bare the extra weight anymore and collapsed. They crawled their way into a nook dented barely inside of the cliff's bottom, falling onto each other in a pile of fatigue and worry. Yoongi, at this point, had to ask, gaging the silence and wondering, "What happened?" His voice was barely over a whisper.

Jin's voice was the same as he answered. "JK shot Jay."

Yoongi's breath stopped.

"Only in the shoulder."

Yoongi breathed again.

"Not that he didn't deserve to die."

Namjoon stopped breathing.

"...not after what he made those people do to JK in return."

Namjoon still couldn't breathe.

Yoongi let his eyes fall to the youngest of them, eyes glazed over with a gaping black hole that sucked up anything and everything around it and turned it into nothing. "Why, Kook?" Yoongi asked, needing to know.

JK's heartless eyes shifted to look at Yoongi, sucking anything...and everything out of him. "...He didn't deserve you, Yoongi." Namjoon hugged his knees, staring at his knuckles in awe as if he didn't know what he had done. "He didn't deserve any of us." His voice was also barely over a whisper, although they had no doubt that it made no difference whether they screamed or if they were hushed...that they would be found eventually.

Jin was the first to awake, meaning he was the first to notice the fundamental shift in, well, everything around him.