Chapter 14 Confession

Rowan's POV:

It has felt like weeks since I have last seen everyone. It is still dark and dreary, and I am starting to sneeze from the constant dust and mold. I am rarely fed but when I am it is stale bred and Josephine only unties one of my hands while watching me. Warning me that if I try anything that she will kill me and I will never see the light of day again. I wouldn't try anything even if I wanted to as I am too weak from near starvation and don't know if she is armed or not. Being down here all this time has made me wonder what they are up to. Do Kendrick and Kelan miss me? Have they moved on by now? How is Pa and my brothers doing? Thinking about Pa makes me wonder why he would keep this from us. Keep the secret of having another child, my sister who has been my best friend for years, away from all of us. We could have been a happy family or at least tried to be. But now I have been betrayed by my own blood.

Prince Kendricks POV:

Due to having no leads, we decided to interrogate the family and friends of Rowan. We didn't want to but we had no options. We did the interrogation in the War room so no one could get too comfortable. They be surrounded by not only guards but by weapons, armor, and maps of the kingdom. We started out with her brothers going from youngest to oldest. All of them seemed to agree on one thing: they thought she was happy and had no enemies as she stayed out of harms way. Things changed up however, when it came to interrogate her friend Josephine. She didn't act like a normal friend who would be concerned over her friend missing. She wept a little but mostly kept clinging to either me or Kelan. It was rather annoying having to pry her off.
Finally, came our future Father-in-law Johns interrogation. He not only came in weeping but he came in ready to confess his sins. At first we thought he kidnapped his own daughter but the story he told us after was shocking. He had an unclaimed child. What some people would call a bastard since she didn't come from wedlock. This could be the lead we are looking for. "What is her name John?" "Josephine."