Part 11

Dear Friend,

    Sorry its been so long since I've wrote. I found out the last time I wrote you I was in the next town over. Sam said she was out all night looking for me....

      The week or so since I've wrote has been.... okay you could say? Every night of the first week was spent alone in my truck at the park drinking excessive amounts of tequila. On that Friday, Charlie asked if I wanted to see a movie. My plan for the night was a sad song and a new bottle of jack daniels. So I agreed to see the movie.

      Charlie has pretty good taste. The movie was good. Way better than the car wreck action movie. This was a comedy about two gay couples. (One female. One male) Switched there partners. So the Female- uh Julia i think - is about to have sex with the other gay male- Henry. So they are about to start and the guy goes "I put it in your ass right?" I start cracking up in laughter. After that it switches to the other couple. Viola and Stephen. They are about to get it on, then Viola goes- "Just telling here and now, that penis is going nowhere near my mouth" Charlie starts to crack up. After the movie we go to the park. Its only us there. We go and sit on the bench. We just sit in silence for a while until I break it.

     "Stop me if you've heard this one. So these two have been dating for a while and tonight is their anniversery. He plans a romamtic picnic at the park at night. And its the big night, they're finally gonna do it. But he forgets the condom. Can you guess what they do?"

   "They dont have sex?" näive Charlie says.

   "They go doggy style and use the sandwhich bag!"

    Charlie starts to laugh yet says its nasty. He tells me the story of "Second-Base Stace" We continue to tell stories.

   "So this guy- gayer than Madona show. He hooks up with a guy- gay but in the closet. So he and the guy are getting it on, and the guys dad walks in on them. He just starts wailing on the guy, the other guy starts yelling for him to stop but his screams dont do anything. So he just.... leaves..."

     After my share I start to cry..... when I lift my head Charlie is holding me, in an awkward yet caring way. When I fully look up- I cant help it anymore his soft eyes are looking down at me, not with judgement but with worridness. I cant hold back anymore. I kiss him. His lips are soft. Softer than I thought. His mouth taste like the Junior Mints he had at the movies. He just lets me kiss him. When I pull away, his eyes are glassy and confused. I drive him home.

On Monday, I was walking in the cafeteria and Brads ape friend trips me. My food goes flying, everyone starts laughing. I get up. Im not gonna let him push me around, embarrass me, and not stand up to him

   "Your not even gonna stand up for me?"

    "Why would I?"

      "How about I tell everyone how you got those bruises?"

     "I got jumped" he says with an edge to his voice. I cant handle it, I gotta stand down. I walk away

   "Faggot" Oh I know he didnt.

   "What did you call me?" I know he didnt just call me what I think he did.

He stands up and faces me. "A Faggot" Oh hell no. I swing a punch at him and a crack goes through the room. Whether it was his nose or my knuckles I dont know- nor do I care. By then his apes are on me. They hold me while Brad takes a few hits to my stomache. I can hear Sam screaming but I dont know where she is. All I can see is a red haze around my vision. I can tell Im about to pass out from the pain.

   The next thing I know is Im on the floor near Sam, the apes and Brad are on the floor and Charlie- sweet little Freshman Charlie is in the middle of them. Standing up with blood dripping down his knuckles.

Charlie saved me....

        Sincerely,

                  Patrick