Jealous Cat

Summary: Killua gets jealous when Gon brings in a little surprise. Later Killua gets mixed signals about love.

A long cute one shot that I really enjoyed writing. This is probably one of my top three favs so far. Hope you like it.

Killuas POV

"Hey Killua! Look what I found near the door!" I lazily looked up from my phone, sitting in tiredly on the couch, to see a little black ball of fur resting in his hands.

Why In the world would a little stray kitten come here out of all places? We live pretty far from the village. I find that very odd.

"Can we keep it?" Holding the kitten closer to his face, rubbing its face on Gons cheek. Tch. That little feline is lucky to be close. Wait. What am I saying?! Why should I feel jealous for the cat? I blushed and looked away.

"S-Sure, your responsibility." Answering back, not bothering to see his face, a feeling he has the biggest smile in existence.

"You're the best Killua!" Shouting out loud happily, causing to me jump and almost dropping my brand new phone that I got yesterday. All thanks to Gon who broke it, yup. By letting it fall and breaking down the stairs. and of course he had to buy me another one right after. Idiot.

"Whatever and pimped down." Saying as response, trying hard not to blush.

Peering up slightly, only seeing Gon sitting on the bigger couch right in front of me. How did he get there so fast? Ignoring them again and went back to kill the boss. Health bar on red, so close! Just 10 more hits till its dead! And the game will be over with a sweet victory!

"Who's the cutest kitten! You are! Your eyes are so beautiful like a shining emerald. Fur so soft and fluffy. What should I name you?" He stopped rambling over this little creature, who is getting all the attention from Gon.

I mean, why should I get jealous? The little kitten just got here. It's not like trying taking away Gon or anything. Probably got lost. The little kit didn't have a collar, so finding its owner wasn't an option. Who knows? There are many possibilities how and why it got lost.

Erasing those thoughts for now, I just needed to hit this hard boss with one more swing and I win.

"Killua!"

"What?"

I paused the game, a little agitated why he hollered out my name for absolutely no reason. Literally so close, you can just whisper someone's name and they will hear you.

I looked up to see Gon pointing where my feet are, smiling. God, he scares me sometimes with those type expressions. I sighed and leaned to see the small kitten rubbing on my shoe. Purring as it slid across my shoe and laid on the ground. Staring right at me with those bright green eyes.

Reaching out to pet the little ball of fluff, it scratched my hand softly with those little plumped pink paws. I was awe and decided to pick it up. So soft.

"He likes you Killua."

"How do you know it's a boy?"

"Oh, all I did is look under him." I gave him dumbfounded look and realized what he meant. Wow, I feel pretty dumb.

"Interesting..."

"Yeah, I did the same thing way back before we ever met. I used to have a dog, a husky.."

"Really? A story time like this Gon?"

"Yeah! Now shush!" I chuckled of his ignorance and sat comfortably on the couch with the kitten sitting on my lap.