Chapter 4

Notes: If you know or have a tip about Reddie's identity, please, do not share it in reviews as a spoiler. I believe that at some point it will be pretty much clear, who my stranger is.

Kanan jumped off the seat and yelled: "How the Force do you know?"

"Or maybe you're Sith, since you're still angry." The stranger continued.

Kanan grabbed him and yanked him on his feet. Reddie immediately lowered his head so his face would stay hidden. Then Kanan pushed him against the wall. Reddie made no effort to defend himself and just waited silently. Sabine chose that exact moment to enter the cabin.

"Ehm, guys, I didn't want to…" Sabine stopped talking as she saw the situation, and then continued slowly: "…interrupt something, but I heard yelling…"

Zeb appeared at the door frame and peeked in curiously.

"You can calm down." Reddie said, nothing in his voice showing any kind of discomfort or unease.

"Not until you explain." Kanan held him firmly in place.

"I can recognise a lightsaber when I see one." Reddie said. "I know you think people in these systems have never seen any Jedi, but you still shouldn't wear your lightsaber so noticeably if you don't want to be exposed one day."

Kanan looked down at his side where he indeed kept his lightsaber, even though it was just one part of it, so no one could accidentally ignite it. Kanan let go of Reddie.

"Sorry. You're right." he mumbled as an apology. He hadn't really expected anyone recognising the metal tube as his main weapon.

"It's alright." Reddie shrugged.

Hera called from the other side of the ship: "Guys! The meal is ready, let's go eat!"

"Yes!" Zeb called, then he turned to Kanan: "I hoped you bought something good and not as the last time."

Kanan rolled his eyes and replied: "Don't worry. I won't make that mistake again."

All of them laughed, remembering what happened. Reddie finally saw what was connecting them as a team – they were like a family. He sat back to the table waiting for them to leave. He felt he had already spoken and interacted with people more during this hour than in the last year.

"You're invited too, Reddie." Sabine said when she noticed he stayed behind.

"I do not need anything." He tried to make an excuse, but Sabine returned and started to persuade him.

"Come on. You need to eat too. Besides, it would be rude to decline. Hera was cooking. And Chopper a bit, but that doesn't count."

"Who is Chopper?" Reddie asked.

"Our droid. We are trying to keep him occupied, so you won't actually meet him." Sabine laughed a bit nervously. "He can be really annoying. So, come on." Sabine invited him again.

"Ok." Reddie accepted.

They all walked into the main room and sat to the table. Hera handed around plates with some food and sat as well. Chopper flied through the room, making some noises, but never stopping by. The crew didn't pay any attention to him, but Reddie turned his head and looked at him.

"Do you ever take your hood off?" Hera asked, starting a conversation.

"No." Reddie said. He didn't know much about friendly conversations and had no idea how to keep one.

"Why not?" Hera asked again.

"So no one would recognise me."

"Are you someone famous?" Sabine jumped into the conversation.

"Thankfully not." Reddie chuckled.

"Then why?"

"Well, it's complicated." Reddie said indecisively. "I have a…" The stranger hesitated. "…a very specific appearance. People could talk about me."

"That's not that bad, is it?" Sabine didn't understand the situation.

"I have powerful enemies. And even though it's nearly impossible they would find out, I do not take any risks."

"Are these powerful enemies The Empire by any chance?" Kanan asked.

"Mostly." Reddie admitted.

"We are not with the Empire." Sabine pointed out.

"But if you were captured, you would definitely mention me." Reddie argued.

"Why should we do it?" Sabine felt insulted.

"To take their attention away from the rest of your friends." Reddie explained.

"We would tell them nothing." She folded her arms and leaned back on the backrest.

"It depends on the length of your stay. After some time, you would do anything to stop them."

Sabine needed a while to understand. "You mean an interrogation?"

Reddie nodded. "Yes. Of course."

"How would you know?"

"I've heard stories…" His voice trailed off.

Kanan thought that there was much more than just hearing stories, but no one else seemed to think of it.

"I guess the good news is we do not plan to get captured. We actually won't, we're way too awesome for that." Sabine assured him.

"Of course you are." Reddie nodded.

Sabine felt he was smiling. If she was curious about him when they met for the first time, now she was dying with curiosity and determined to find out more about him.

Notes: Just if you wanted an idea how to picture Reddie – I'm imagining his clothes and stuff a bit like Assassin from Assassin's Creed, just in black and red and not so complicated.