O1: I Luv This Shit

August

One song….

It took one song to really put me on the map. I been doing this singing thing for a minute, and ain't none of my songs got this much hype.

Now I got people calling me from left to right tryna book shows and interviews.

I'm not finna let this fame and money get to me though. As soon as I start switching it up for this money is when it's all gon come crashing down, so I'm gon stay that same humble nigga.

I was on my way to my next radio interview. To be honest, I ain't wanna go 'cause all these nigga gon talk about is the Trey beef and my blow up on 106. I already said me and Trey good, and I apologized to that Keshia chick, so what's the pro'lem?

Once I showed up they did the usual greeting and claimed how happy they were that I could be there, then wasted no time badgering me;

"Did you specifically tell her not to ask you that?" they asked, referring to the 106 incident. Here we go again.

"Yeah, my whole squad did, but I think that sometimes people can be set up, and people... and I think people are just too good at 'doin their job'." I answered, trying my best to work my way around the question.

"If she didn’t have a conversation with you directly, just you and her, and somebody said, 'look, you need to ask him x, y, z', she walks up there and asks you and you’re like, 'I just told your people that I’m not answering that shit'." 

"Right, but it was so many times that it had been said."

"But you know this is all of your fault." I raised an eyebrow at the interviewer.

"My fault?"

"Because you’re the one that went public with your friction with Trey Songz."

"I mean, honestly, nobody would’ve ever known, but you know it's all a part of me growin'. I speak from my heart, I got a big fuckin' mouth. It is what it is. I don’t know how to change that but in all reality what I said was never to try to belittle the next nigga or try to cause a problem with the next nigga, it’s like this is how I feel,"

"I’m the idiot because I said what I said thinkin', ‘maybe if I say this, these niggas won't ask me about this no more’. But in return it’s like, 'oh everybody beefin'!' and I never said that, and with these interviews, they put up what they want to put up and not show everything that was said,"

"The thing is, I choose to tell you what I want to tell you and the rest of it just ain’t your motherfuckin' business, period."

I was pissed at this point. A nigga came here to promote they music and album and this what I get? And they wonder why it's niggas like Kanye beating paparazzi asses.

After the interview we was off to do some more album promotion.

"Yo Aug, you don't think you coulda handled that interview better?" my manager asked.

"You mean hold my tongue? They didn't seem to give a damn about how offended I got with the shit they asked me. I'll be damned if I sensor what I gotta say to the next nigga who didn't give a fuck about my feelings." he stayed quiet after that.

People think just because I got a lil fame I'm finna kiss the public ass just to stay on top. If they gon talk to me anyway then I'm gon do them the same way. I'm not no submissive ass nigga, I'm not finna take the media bullying me.

If I seem cocky, you got the wrong idea. It's a difference between cockiness and respecting ya self. As a human I'm worth something, just like anybody else.

These niggas think they words gon hurt me and make me wanna hide away, but a nigga like me been through more than they could imagine. I'm where I wanna be and in a place where I can take care of myself and my family.

I ain't gotta hustle niggas out they money, plan no heist type shit out, or get my money illegally, and that's a good ass feeling with me only knowing drugs as the quick way to money and growing up where I'm from.

My music is my hustle, and they ain't finna take that away 'cause I luv this shit.

_____________________________________

borin', I know. I barely got reads soooo.. .__.

this chapter and the one after this are VERY short but that's only because nothin' important is in them; I just needed to incorporate the 2 songs. I PROMISE every other chapter is waaaaaay longer and a lot more interesting.