O7: Right There / Make It Home

August

A few days later I made my way to M's crib to apologize for how I was acting when he was just looking out for his fam.

I knocked on the door and waited. I knew Ryan wasn't here because she had work today. She stay on her grind because as soon as she quit working at that stripclub, she got a job at a flower shop.

"What the fuck you want August?" Money said with a tight jaw. I understand he mad, but he better calm his ass down.

"Look man, calm that shit down. I'm tryna apologize for how I bucked at you when you was just lookin' out fa' fam. You was right; Ry don't need a nigga like me in her life. I was wrong. I admit that. We good?"

He shook his head, "You really think I'm finna accept that bullshit ass apology? Nigga you did exactly what I thought you was gon do; play my baby cousin man. I told yo ass she had been through enough bullshit, and here you come reiterating all that shit. Today was the first time she left her room in days, and that's only cause she had to work!"

I threw my hands up, "It ain't like I fucked and ducked, I just ain't wanna mess shit up more than I already did!! I explained that to her, why she so fucked up about the situation!?"

"She ain't tell you?? She pregnant, dumb ass!"

My eyes widened. Pregnant? Fuck...

Yeah, I remember what I said, and I sho' as hell meant it, but still..

"Pregnant..." I mumbled to myself over and over again as I shook my head. I heard Money chuckle and it broke my thoughts.

"See, that's yo problem. Repeatin' that shit ain't gon reverse it or make it go away. You think just because you August Alsina yo shit don't stank? Nigga you fuck up too; now own up to that bullshit." he snapped.

I looked at him like he was stupid. I know I have to face the consequences of what I do. I'm not God; I sin. What make this nigga think I see myself as superior over everybody else??

"Fuck you mean?? Nigga just because my name got some money on it don't mean I switched up! I've struggled. I've cried. I had to bury my fuckin' brother! Don't say August ain't been there, because nigga I had it worse than any fuckin' body!"

"It was a time in my life where I was completely homeless! Practically had my life given to the streets by my own birth giver! I was sleepin' on the flo' in the back of a corner store, and you don't think I had it hard??"

"We was in the same position. Only difference is, I made it out. This shit ain't come easy. I worked my fuckin' ass off to get where I'm at, and ion take shit for granted, because homie I was Right There!!"

"Prove that shit then August, because to me it just seem like you rubbin' ya wealth in people face. Riding 'round in these fancy ass cars like you better than somebody when you just a sell out!"

"I ain't rubbin' shit in nobody face! Material stuff only impress people that ain't had nothin' nice, and you clearly ain't never had shit nigga." I smirked, "And I'm a sell out fa' wantin' better fa' myself?"

"Nah homie, you a sell out fa' forgettin' where you came from." he shook his head then went back inside.

How the fuck did I sell out? Because I made it out the hood and he didn't?? I worked my ass off for my position! I ain't gon knock selling drugs because I did it too, but that alone ain't gon get you no where in life. Am I supposed to feel bad because I figured that shit out and he didn't? Too fuckin' bad.

...

"He called you a sell out man?!" E exclaimed as we did a 2-man rotation on a blunt. This is exactly what I needed...