Chapter 13

Romeo paced before his throne angrily, muttering to himself, occasionally stopping to bark orders or snap questions at the soldiers and his blonde worker.

"Has ANYone seen her?" He demanded, looking at the blonde at the left of the room. She looked up from her clipboard and shook her head.

"No, sir."

"What about the traitors?" He fired another question.

She gulped and shook her head again. "Nothing."

"Is there any GOOD NEWS?!" He exclaimed, glaring at her with glowing eyes.

She quickly scanned her clipboard, looking for anything to tell her angered boss.

"U-uh, the guards at the border have been put on high alert, they will alert us of any suspicious activity." She said, hoping that would be enough.

"And?" He asked.

"Really t-there's not much else." She said.

He went back to pacing. "So help me, if ANYTHING happens, I will not be happy." He bowled through clenched teeth.

The girl, whose name was Stella, could tell that he was close to blowing his lid. His hair had begun to turn to red fire, occasionally crackling or popping as it flowed and curled over his head. Flames danced over his fingers as he walked back and forth. To see him irritated was not comforting, but to see him angry was a whole new frightening matter in itself.

A small group of guards came into the room, interrupting her thoughts and his pacing. He turned to them quickly, looking expectant.

"Well?" He asked after a bit of silence.

The man in front shook his head. "I'm afraid we've found nothing, sir, no trace of them anywhere."

The flames across his fingers crackled, his hair flowed with a bit more intensity. Stella hid behind her clipboard.

"Then get your butts back out there, double the search, and FIND THEM!" He shouted, his hair flailing, the walls trembling.

The soldiers nodded quickly and ran from the room.

"I DON'T WANT TO SEE ANY OF YOU UNTIL YOU'VE FOUND THEM!"

The doors were shut forcefully, the walls shaking more. A few pebbles of netherack rained from the ceiling. Stella fearfully peaked out from behind her clipboard, spotting Romeo sitting back on his throne, massaging his temples.

After an uncomfortable silence, she began to excuse herself silently but winced when she heard her name.

"Stella." Said Romeo, his voice was surprisingly calm after all the excitement just a few moments ago.

"Y-yes?" She answered quietly, turning back to face him.

"Go through her belongings again, see if you can find even the smallest thing." He told her, eyes still closed.

She nodded her head. "Of course, sir."

He didn't speak again, so she took that as her permission to leave.

After the room was empty, the Admin opened his eyes, glaring into nothing.

"I don't know where you are, I don't know what you're up to, but I will find you, and I will wipe your meaningless form from existence once and for all."

______________________

So far the day had been uneventful. The guards patrolled the border wall, keeping an eye out for anything out of place. There was, however, a little more activity after they received the message of high alert. One soldier, in particular, wandered down into the lunch quarters, entering as a few others conversed.