The Calm Before the Storm

Percy's Point of View

While we waited for Artemis and the werewolf I'd sent to return with more information on the war we all just did whatever we could think of to prepare. for the most part, we trained harder and the Hephaestus cabin made traps and some extra weapons, as well as stashing Greek fire in preparation for any upcoming battles.

Not everything we did was in preparation for the war though, many of the more fun activities continued as always, but I knew that even during those activities the war was still on all our minds. When I could I spent time with my old friends, Jenny, or Calla. The campers and Hunters did play a game of capture the flag, but the pack and I didn't bother to participate since we probably could have beaten the campers easily due to our enhanced senses, strength, and speed.

The hunters might have been more of a challenge, but we just decided to stay out of it, not just because we thought it might be too easy, but also because we also didn't want to accidentally bite any campers. You might wonder how that could happen, but it probably wouldn't be that difficult, once we get into a fight we might forget that we didn't want to accidentally turn someone and that would probably just end with some new members being added to the pack.

As days went by I think I was finally starting to move on from Annabeth and becoming more comfortable with the idea of being with Calla. Who my second mate was supposed to be was still a mystery to me, but I was in no rush to find out since I didn't even see Calla as anything more than a friend quite yet. Jonas eventually did Return, he just took a little longer than I'd expected.

Apparently, he now had both a son and a daughter. I congratulated him, and he told me that he'd considered contacting me and telling me he wanted to stay with his family, but Holly had encouraged him to come back and help like he'd said he would. I didn't bother arguing about that, after all, it was his choice, not mine, and we would probably need the help.

Time went on and I started to wonder if something had happened to Artemis, and the wolf I'd sent since we hadn't really heard anything from them, but then again we hadn't heard anything about them being hurt either, I think we were all starting to get concerned but we continued to wait in hopes that they would return unharmed.

Ever since I'd returned to camp I'd been catching up with my old friends, I did contact Camp Jupiter to find out if they knew about what had happened to me, partially so my friends wouldn't worry about me anymore, and partially because we may need their help in the war, or they might need us so that meant I would need them to trust me.

Thankfully once Reyna heard the whole story from me she said she would talk to the other legionaries and make sure they knew that werewolves were no longer their enemies. I was thankful for that since we couldn't afford to fight amongst ourselves if we ended up helping each other during the war. I could also tell that she, Frank and Hazel were all happy to hear from me after so long.

Sure, Hermes had told them that I was okay and that although I was now a werewolf I was still trustworthy, but they were glad to finally get the whole story from me. I guess I probably should have contacted them sooner, but I wasn't sure what they would think of me after I had been bitten by a werewolf. Now I was glad to know that they still trusted me and still considered me a friend.

There was one day that I think I kind of scared Leo, but then again, I kind of threatened him after he came up with a new nickname for me that I didn't exactly appreciate. That day I was spending some time with Jenny. When I'd gone to see her, I was in my human form, but since she'd become more comfortable with me and had seen me in my wolf form she'd asked a question that kind of took me by surprise.